Kicks .655 for SBEII

HUNT2HUNT

You can shoot Win XR's though a Kick's GT.

.655 will like smaller pellets, so #6's might be a good option.

All of my guns pattern better with 3.5" over 3". The 3.5" haters just love to bash the 3.5" every chance they get.

I get 53 more pellets with the 3.5" XR #6's, so I'll shoot them as long as I can. I've killed numerous birds with just a few pellets, what if those pellets were in the 53?

There are many great lead loads too. I'd try the Win HV #6's in 3.5".

thats good news mudhen. Was thinking about 3.5 "6's.

Seems like the SBEII owners prefer Jellyhead, and had me concerned about the Kick's. Also hear a lot about the Benelli not being a Turkey friendly weapon.

Can't imagine my SBEII being anything less than great at shooting anything. This thing rocks.

Im a waterfowler myself,and never gave Turkey hunting a thought until a few months ago. So if it's not a Turkey kiling machine,I'm OK.

I'll have a very experienced caller with me on this hunt,so he should call Tom in close enough for the kill. Or I can always pull the old 870 out from under the bed,and give it a try.

I think the people who say Benelli is not a good turkey gun are people who don't have one. I know a few guys here who have SBEIIs that are awesome turkey guns. I knew them before I bought mine and they are the reason I did.

I had a Browning Gold 3 1/2" Gold before, and these three guys would shame me at the patterning board. But not anymore, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right.

2 of the guys shoot SBEII with Pure Gold tubes and Winchester Supremes, One shoots SBEII with Kicks .655, and I like the SBEII with Indian Creek .655. But I may end up with a Kicks .655 before it's over. Only draw back to Kicks is no Hevi-shot.

I think the people who say Benelli is not a good turkey gun are people who don't have one. I know a few guys here who have SBEIIs that are awesome turkey guns. I knew them before I bought mine and they are the reason I did.

I had a Browning Gold 3 1/2" Gold before, and these three guys would shame me at the patterning board. But not anymore, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right.

2 of the guys shoot SBEII with Pure Gold tubes and Winchester Supremes, One shoots SBEII with Kicks .655, and I like the SBEII with Indian Creek .655. But I may end up with a Kicks .655 before it's over. Only draw back to Kicks is no Hevi-shot.

Can you tell me which Pure Gold tube and load your buddies are using? I just picked up a SBEII and I want to get it ready for April. I hunt just below you in Clarendon county as well as a couple spots around NC.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Bought this choke. May be a bad decision. Can't shoot anything but lead. Hearing the 3" pattern better than the 3.5" any suggestions of Ammo and shot size? Thanks for your help.

Opening day here in Tennessee. Did not take the time to pattern for Turkey,and this was my first Turkey hunt.

Bought the Kicks .655. After reading several posts here I went with the Winchester Supreem # 6 3.5 for my SBE2.

Killed a large gobbler at 37 yds. Put the bead on about the middle of his neck,and it took him down immediatley.

Hardly andy pellets lower than his neck,and hardly any to his head.

I will put some shots on paper sometime this week,and see what it looks like. All I know is that it is a tight pattern.

Also bought a box of Remington Nitros # 7 in 3.5

Did not shoot any,and will do a pattern comparison later this week. I'll post my results here.

If you have an SBE2 ,and go with this choke and shot,it will drop them in their tracks. I would think a 40 yd.+ shot would more than do the job also. I highly reccomend this combo for anyone like me, that has not Turkey hunted. It works.