Nova Tactical question

Double Ought

I am feeling like a complete f-ing idiot.... :mad: I'm hoping some of you Nova guru's here will be able to help me out.

I bought a used Nova Tactical from a guy and finally got a chance to take it to the range. Since I got it, all I've done is add a 4 round side saddle. Am planning to add a 2 shot extention as well.

This is my first pump shotgun, but I figure "how complicated can it be?"... Anyway, I get it to the range, get my target set, load 'er up, aim, squeeze..... and "click"... no boom. Checked the safety, ok, repeat... still no boom. What am I missing??? Is there some sort of internal safety? Would installing the side saddle interfere w/ anything?

Ugh.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Um thats not good, all you need to do is throw a shell in the chamber, pump it and pull the trigger. Only one safety no internal safety. I would strip the entire gun and make sure everything is installed correctly, it might have been put together incorrectly or got jammed somehow.

Um thats not good, all you need to do is throw a shell in the chamber, pump it and pull the trigger. Only one safety no internal safety. I would strip the entire gun and make sure everything is installed correctly, it might have been put together incorrectly or got jammed somehow.

Thanks... that's what I was afraid of... bleah

Ok, so in case anyone is interested, the problem appeared to be related to the side saddle I'd installed. I guess when I tightened the 2 screws through the receiver, I tightened them too much. Not sure what it was binding, but when I loosened them a half turn, everything worked fine.

:p