I've been shopping around for an M4 in black....need help

Mr. Shotgun

I have been shopping around for a Benelli M4 shotgun.

I'm close to pulling the trigger, but was wondering if how hard is it to swap between the 3 availible stock configurations?

I called benelli tech support and the nice lady told me that it could be done in less than 5-10 minutes by unscrewing two screws underneath the trigger assembly.

I was wondering if anyone can show me how its done?

Secondly, its selling for $1525 at my local gun shop....

should I buy it from the gun shop or should I buy it "online" for $100-$200 cheaper and have it shipped to an FFL dealer?

Switching out the stock requires no tools and takes about 5 minutes, tops. You just have to pull the bolt handle out, pop the trigger group out, and unscrew the stock by hand. Unless you have a great relationship with your local shop, why not save some bucks and get it online for less?

Switching out the stock requires no tools and takes about 5 minutes, tops. You just have to pull the bolt handle out, pop the trigger group out, and unscrew the stock by hand. Unless you have a great relationship with your local shop, why not save some bucks and get it online for less?

Yes, thanks for confirming, since I read and heard somewhere that the 3 stock variations can be swapped out in 5 minutes TOPS w/o using any tools, and I wasnt sure if it is true or not.... but now I know, thanks.

I will look into getting the gun online... but the only bad part is getting a gun that hasnt been dropped, scratched, messed with etc.

The black M4 that my gunshop had has a scuff mark on top of it across the barrel, and being the perfectionist that I am was kinda hesitant to get it.

Another shop I went to had the desert camo one in stock, which had nicks and scratches all over....

I dont know, I'll have to weigh the pros and cons as when I'm buying an expensive item, I'd like to see and touch what I'm going to buy first before I actually buy it.

another question:

Does this shotgun come with its own sling and carrying case? or do I have to buy it separately??

You'll need a model 11707 in order to have your installed collapsible stock actually collapse. The other models will allow the skeleton stock to be installed but won't allow the stock to collapse.

The model M1014 (with american flag engraved on receiver) will come with a collapsible stock from the factory. While it won't collapse on the 1014, if you remove this stock and put it on an 11707 it will collapse just fine.

The guys from LE Sales USA have a decent price on the 11707 ($1429), and also offer to sell the shotgun and the collapsible stock for yet again a decent price ($2064). I purchased mine from them a year and a half ago and it arrived minty fresh. You can talk with a reputable dealer and make sure there aren't any scratches on the weapon you are agreeing to purchase. Buy it on a credit card and you have an 800 lb gorilla on your side in case something goes wrong. Often times this is worth the extra 3% as insurance.

http://www.lesalesusa.com/products/benelli.htm

I agree with one of the above posters, why spend substantially more money for a firearm locally if you can get it elsewhere for less? Shipping and transfer fee shouldn't run you more than $40 total.

The M4 doesn't come from the factory with a sling or case. These are extras you'll have to buy.

You'll need a model 11707 in order to have your installed collapsible stock actually collapse. The other models will allow the skeleton stock to be installed but won't allow the stock to collapse.

The model M1014 (with american flag engraved on receiver) will come with a collapsible stock from the factory. While it won't collapse on the 1014, if you remove this stock and put it on an 11707 it will collapse just fine.

The guys from LE Sales USA have a decent price on the 11707 ($1429), and also offer to sell the shotgun and the collapsible stock for yet again a decent price ($2064). I purchased mine from them a year and a half ago and it arrived minty fresh. You can talk with a reputable dealer and make sure there aren't any scratches on the weapon you are agreeing to purchase. Buy it on a credit card and you have an 800 lb gorilla on your side in case something goes wrong. Often times this is worth the extra 3% as insurance.

I agree with one of the above posters, why spend substantially more money for a firearm locally if you can get it elsewhere for less? Shipping and transfer fee shouldn't run you more than $40 total.

The M4 doesn't come from the factory with a sling or case. These are extras you'll have to buy.

Ok, I ought to give those guys a call and see if they can sell me the 11707 model with the pistol grip/fixed stock for $1425

I'll pay for S&H and for the $40 FFL transfer fee from my local gunshop....

so just to make sure I understood correctly, the 11707 model can be interchanged with either of the 3 stocks right?

Thanks for your help...

The 11707 will interchange with any of the three stocks and allow the skeleton stock to collapse, yes. You'll love the shotgun, it rocks!

Here is my 11707 with a collapsible stock installed. It is registered as an SBS to allow the short barrel and stock to be legally installed.

http://www.survivingtwilight.com/images/Guns/M4_ENTRY.JPG

The 11707 will interchange with any of the three stocks and allow the skeleton stock to collapse, yes. You'll love the shotgun, it rocks!

Here is my 11707 with a collapsible stock installed. It is registered as an SBS to allow the short barrel and stock to be legally installed.

thanks, the gun looks great... how long is the barrel?? 14"??

and with the short barrel whats the magazine capacity???

Out of the box will my 11707 model be able to fit 8-9 shells?

Out of the box will my 11707 model be able to fit 8-9 shells?

No. Well, as far as I know it won't. There is a fake tube extension that screws on the mag tube to make it a proper length. There are some people on here, like SOCOMguy, who makes a full length mag tube that you can buy that'll bring it up to 7+1.

No. Well, as far as I know it won't. There is a fake tube extension that screws on the mag tube to make it a proper length. There are some people on here, like SOCOMguy, who makes a full length mag tube that you can buy that'll bring it up to 7+1.

cool, I'll keep him in mind, as I do plan on getting Eotech, a sling, a discreet carrying case, and an extension tube for the gun....