Sport II

Scooter18

I have one I bought new in 2004 for SC as well but have switched to a Beretta 391 Sporting as the Beretta shoots softer than the Sport II which is a factor if you are a registered tournament shooter-which I am. The Sport II is however a great gun for a casual shooter and/or hunting. I do have my Sport II for sale and posted on bulletin boards at several gun clubs in my area. I am reluctant to sell it as I feel it is a tremendous shotgun but I just don't use it anymore and can't justify having it sit idle.

Hi Geno, Thanks for the info. I think because of the way the Benelli feels I am going to go with one. I can handle a little extra recoil. It just feels so smooth in my hands :) Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes. Oh yeah---You mentioned that your Beretta 391 shoots softer and that is a factor in being a tournament shooter---what exactly do you mean?

Thanks,

Scooter

Scooter, good luck with the Benelli, I'm sure you will like it. To answer your question I am a member of the NSCA [National Sporting Clays Association] and shoot registered tournament targets in competition shoots. I am classified in Master class which is the highest classification and earned that by winning or placing near the top in score in the various classifications an individual is required to work through to attain Master class status. By the way, I don't hit them all. Have fun and let us know what you think of the Sport II after you shoot it a bit.

Scooter, you sound like a young guy, what size barrel are you buying? Just to make clear what I said before as to the Beretta being a softer shooting gun, when you shoot these tournaments you can shoot up to 200 or more targets in 1 day and with that volume, recoil does come in to play and since most of the shoots are won by 1 or 2 target difference at the end, you cannot afford to loose any targets due to the recoil factor. That's why the Beretta 391 is far and away the most popular auto for registered NSCA shooters that use an auto. You see a few Benelli's but it's usually the Supersport with the comfortech system. For casual clays shooting, leagues, etc., no problem with the Benelli's.

Hi Geno, I am 44 years old. I am buying a 28 inch but with the extended choke it really is 29 inch. I thought I would try the Sport II for now because I am going to try Sport Clays to see if I like it. If I really get into it in the future than I will purchase a different gun then if the recoil becomes a problem. I just really like the wood :) over the SuperSport.