SBE2 kick shooting 3.5's

HUNT2HUNT

I have ben an avid waterfowler for years shooting 3" shells in non-Benelli shotguns.

I never shot a 3.5 until I bought an SBE2 this season. I packed some ammo and went on a 3 day Goose hunt and we did very well.

I thought the recoil was not nearly as bad as I expected. Especially considering how light the weapon is.

I have heard others say the comfort tech system is all hype.

I beleive in it,or have I also been convinced by the hype?

Anyone have expereince shooting 3.5's in other shotguns who can give a comparison?

The SBE is worse than the Browning and Beretta, but not by much. Different 3 1/2" loads are were the problem begins. Try some Winchester hi-performance 00 buck(15 pellets) and you will learn the meaning of kick in any gun. The 3 1/2" guns have a max press. of 14,000lup and all other 12 ga. are 11,000lup. If the 3 1/2" shell in not maxed it is not bad.

• 3 years later...

Different recoil issue. Hunted ducks this past weekend with never fired SBE2. Shot 2 boxes of 3.5 1-3/8. The recoil to my shoulder, not a problem. Trigger guard smacking my middle finger, big problem! By second day, finger,knuckle and back of hand swollen and so sore I was not enjoying the hunt as much. Hunting for 50 years, never had this problem. Never had this problem with older SBE. Only solution I have seen on web, is some type rubber trigger guard bumper. There must be some other solution to this painful problem. Any ideas?

recoil is extremly subjective! what one says kicks like a 3 legged ninja, another may think is tame. fact-all 3.5" magnums kick, i dont care what kind of gun you have. they only way they wont is to add about 14 pounds to the gun. Benellis sometimes get a bad wrap for recoil because they are so light, but in my opinion, even though they are so light, the recoil is at worst similar to any other gun on the market, if not better. my conclusion, thier system works. i have read about this finger pinch thing a few times, its never happened to me, nor have i seen it. I have to think it has something to do with how your gripping the gun. or maybe the grip angle doesnt suit your hands in some way. i would bet its a personal issue not a gun issue.

I just broke in a beretta extrema II and ran a box of 3.5s through it. Never shot those loads before and let me tell you I was busted up. My shoulder faired better than my cheek. Those loads are bad ass and there is no way they would not hurt in any gun. I think i will stick with tamer 3" than try to sky blast with 3.5"s.

• 2 weeks later...