choke and ammo combo? SBE 2

wildturp

i just ordered a rhino choke today for my sbe2 and the lady from rhino i talked to on the phone made me take my other choke out of the gun and c were the screw in thing was in my barrell. she said people order chokes all the time and send them back saying they werent the right one..she tld me i needed the 670 bc of my rings in my gun were towards the end of the barrell or something idk..this make sense to anyone else?

I have a new SBE 2 and I'm getting ready to purchase a jellyhead .660 and 3 1/2" nitros H51013 4x5x7. Is this the right combo and when I purchase the choke will it fit if it just says benelli or does it have to be a special choke for the SBE2?

I don't get good patterns from that Nitro shell and my Jellyhead or Rhino .660 in my SBE II. The Nitro shell always shoots low.

About the only shell that I like in the Jelly or Rhino is the Win XR #6's.

Jellyhead is specific for SBE II. I had the best pattern using Hevi 13 3.5" #6 in 2 1/4 oz. load with my SBE II and Jellyhead .660. Win. XR 3.5" #6 was second followed by Fed. f/c 3.5" #6 mag. shock. My gun did not seem to like any of the high velocity loads. Check back a few threads for the Jellyhead thread that Mud started and he and I both have pattern pics on there. Good Luck.

I tried several chokes and almost every load made in my sbe2 last year.

I bought some nitro ammunition 3 1/2" 2oz shells and a Rhino .660. At 40 yards we quit counting at 100 in the kill zone.

I dumped 2 birds last year at 50 and dumped a field bird in NYS at 84 yards.

Everyone who sees my patterns winds up going to Rhino chokes and Nitro ammo.

Jellyhead is specific for SBE II. I had the best pattern using Hevi 13 3.5" #6 in 2 1/4 oz. load with my SBE II and Jellyhead .660. Win. XR 3.5" #6 was second followed by Fed. f/c 3.5" #6 mag. shock. My gun did not seem to like any of the high velocity loads. Check back a few threads for the Jellyhead thread that Mud started and he and I both have pattern pics on there. Good Luck.

These were the same results I had. And the shells have the same order in the Indian Creek tube also. I'm lovin the Hevi-13 2 1/4 oz. this spring.

wildturp......just recieved my rino .660 choke for my sbe2 an it screws in like a james bond movie!.....also got the heavy shot from nitro 4x5x7 2 1/4oz 3 1/2, 12 gauge. I have read everything i could about combos from nitro an turkey forums an everybody is saying that this combo should come with salt an pepper for the turkey is ready for dinner with it!!!! just have to get out an try it on paper.....first take out a small loan to get this set up.......geez the price hits as hard as my turkey gun...........sonny

Hey Sawyer, Gander Mtn. usually sells Hevi 13 as well as the other loads. You may also want to check your local pro shops too. They are usually easier to work with and can special order items with less hassle than larger companies such as Cabelas, Gander, Dick's etc. If all else fails, Cabelas does sell Hevi 13 and you can order them. Good luck.

If you want a SBE2 combo that put an amazing number of pellets in the neck of a Gobbler today, read my previous post.

The Kicks .655 Gobblin Thunder. Winchester Supreem # 6 in 3.5 put that big Tom down for the count where he stood. Whoever said the SBE2 is not a great Turkey gun is wrong. Oh Man it put the smack down on him. Having hunted waterfowl for many years, I was concerned as this was my first Turkey hunt. Read many posts knocking the Benelli as a bad choice for Turkeys. Yea right. The SBE2 is the best semi-auto I have ever owned. I'm even a bigger fan of this shotgun now as ever. The SBE2 shooting 3.5's is a Turkey killing machine.

Will put some on paper and post. Also bought a box of Remington Nitros in # 7 to test.

10" beard on my first Turkey of my life at age 50. Us old guys can still get it done.