Need Help, Please advise!!!!

Lakotah

Ok guys, heres the deal. Up until today, I have had no problems at all with my M4. Well, today I take a tactical Shotgun class below is the rounds I was using and the situation:

1) Wolf 2 3/4" 00Buck

2) Federal 2 3/4" Max Load Slugs

The Wolf got a couple failure to feeds, but the Federal just flat refused to feed. I had to slam the bolt forward on every round.

So, I break down the weapon, clean it (which it was already clean to begin with), put some oil on the bolt and along the bolt carrier rails in the receiver, put it back together. It seems to work a little bit, then goes right back to not feeding the slugs.

I broke it completely down again, pull the pistons and check them, they are clean, I wipe them down and reinstall. I check the rest of the weapon. Pull the bolt again and check everything. It all looks ok.

Still nothing, they again will not feed.

A buddy has a M2. He tries the slugs and they feed flawlessly.

The modifications on the weapon:

1) Socomguys full length tube

2) New Spring and Follower

3) Surefire M80 Rail

4) Surefire M600 Light (tried with both the light on and off the weapon and still the same result)

5) GG&G Bolt Release.

The newest item to be installed was the Oversized bolt release. I am thinking that it may have something to do with that since it seemed to have worked before the bolt release was installed. This could be totally coincidental but I installed the release about a week before the class but was unable to test it before I left.

Any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Round count with the mods installed minus the bolt release. Probably 50 or 60 rounds with both the wolf and slugs.

It worked flawlessly with all the parts installed. The only thing I was unable to check before the class was the Bolt Release (Which I installed a couple weeks after I already had the other mods done) I have had the other mods done for over a month and shot it several times with no issues.

I followed the instructions to install the Bolt release by GG&G as well as the ones that Teufel-hunden posted. So it was installed correctly. I can't really see the bolt release being a problem.

The rounds extract from the mag tube no problem, but stop on the carrier and do not get pushed up and caught by the bolt. The round gets hung on the underside of the barrel. If I slam the bolt forward, they go into the chamber no problem, but if I play with the bolt, it takes several attempts pushing and pulling before the round will make its way into the chamber.

Round count with the mods installed minus the bolt release. Probably 50 or 60 rounds with both the wolf and slugs.

It worked flawlessly with all the parts installed. The only thing I was unable to check before the class was the Bolt Release (Which I installed a couple weeks after I already had the other mods done) I have had the other mods done for over a month and shot it several times with no issues.

I followed the instructions to install the Bolt release by GG&G as well as the ones that Teufel-hunden posted. So it was installed correctly. I can't really see the bolt release being a problem.

The rounds extract from the mag tube no problem, but stop on the carrier and do not get pushed up and caught by the bolt. The round gets hung on the underside of the barrel. If I slam the bolt forward, they go into the chamber no problem, but if I play with the bolt, it takes several attempts pushing and pulling before the round will make its way into the chamber.

I have similar problems with my M4 once in a blue moon

Rig grease on the bolt seems to do the trick.

The M4 is also fussy about ammo, some shells it just does not like. for slugs I use winchester super X. They always feed fine. 3" or 2.75"

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=496433

no problems until rounds below, do not use them? unless you cleaned just before you went to course. you do not mention your lubes /solvents or anything in particular to cleaning? majority of FTF's is a lube issue and i would try MILITEC-1 and using this manual lube info

http://www.farrarsodfarm.com/nelli/USMC_M1014.pdf has great lube instruction and best part it's written at 6th grade level so do not over think what it tells you.PS if tucker301 hosted the above link please thank him not me as i am in line with Heather Mills with my hand extened looking for a hand out!

Id be more than willing to bet, that if you took off all that non-factory BS that it would work perfect.

I have heard a lot of people with the Surefire setup saying that it inteferes with the gas system and pinches something.

I have literally shot every single round on the market through my M4, and it feeds them all, flawless.

Take it back to stock. KISS.

Id be more than willing to bet, that if you took off all that non-factory BS that it would work perfect.

I have heard a lot of people with the Surefire setup saying that it inteferes with the gas system and pinches something.

I have literally shot every single round on the market through my M4, and it feeds them all, flawless.

Take it back to stock. KISS.

I have it narrowed down to the GG&G bolt release or possibly the spring that came with the unit being too stiff.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Surefure rail.

The bolt release was the last component that I installed before the situation started happening.

Everything else was previously installed and had been working flawlessly.

So the BS remark or the KISS remark is kinda assinine. I was looking for some constructive help, not telling me how I should have configured the weapon.

I was looking at possible solutions or anybody else who might of had the problem.

Maybe reading the topic completely before replying might help before making comments. I thought I explained it well enough, but maybe not.

Thanks for everybodys help though. It was appreciated.

I will find out more when I put the stock spring back in the bolt release.

I have it narrowed down to the GG&G bolt release or possibly the spring that came with the unit being too stiff.

The bolt release was the last component that I installed before the situation started happening.

So the BS remark or the KISS remark is kinda assinine. I was looking for some constructive help, not telling me how I should have configured the weapon.

I was looking at possible solutions or anybody else who might of had the problem.

Maybe reading the topic completely before replying might help before making comments. I thought I explained it well enough, but maybe not.

Try to assume good intent, I think he was giving you constructive advice... with a touch of humor... lighten up guy...

Chill, no one is attacking you.

I explained my theory pretty well also.Start taking off aftermarket ad-ons until it runs right. If you KNOW its not the Surefire, great, move on to something else.

I can assure you that Benellis design is not the variable in question.

I wasn't attacking dude, It seems that GG&G is telling me when you install it, you have to fit it like any other piece. It is a brand new factory bolt release, so I might have to tweak it some to get it to work.

More later.

Make sure you bolt is well lubricated... Benelli says this is the most common issue when rounds are sticking...

First thing I would try is replacing the GGG bolt release with the origional release. The new release may be rubbing on the shell follower, causing the ftf's. You may have to try one thing at a time, replacing the origional factory parts with the aftermarket ones, but that's what I would do first. Good luck.

I did that riceducker. The last piece installed before the ftf's was the Bolt release. It worked fine with the factory bolt release.

I called GG&G. At first they told me it wouldn't work, then they said it would, but I have to adjust it to work. The rounds are definitely rubbing, you can see brass rub marks on the shell stop on the inside. So I will try and tweak it some and see what happens.