Older M1 Super 90 Forearm

bratch

I just received H&K marked M1. The forearm on it is loose and slides forward and back. I read on another forum that some of the older M1s had two washers on the forearm and the gun could be damaged if they were not installed correctly. How do I determine if my gun needs these washers?

Hi,

I have an 1986 M1 S90 in Defense Configuration. According to the manual I received the M1 S90 requires 2 washers. The round flat washer (part 9171) and the curved washer (part 9172-spring washer). On page 10, it explains that you place the flat washer into the "associated seat on the fore end" followed by the curved (spring) washer next. Then you slide the forearm onto the barrel over the barrel guide ring. If you don't have eithor of these springs, may be why the fore arm slides. You can contact Benelli customer service for help in obtaining the parts if they are missing or ask in this forum. Their may be several sources that might sell these parts and you would most likely receive them quicker. Lots of luck :)

Sgt Cathy

Cape Cod