Best sling to use for my black M4??? please recommend

Mr. Shotgun

Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Action Sling. It is a two point attached sling with a quick slide adjustment. I use these on all of my toys. pkfirearmsdotcom

substitute the word dot with a real dot. I can't post links yet, and that is just silly.

are you referring to the $50 one??

m16 sling at a recent gun show. It's nothing fancy, simple and gets the job done. Only draw back is that you can not carry the weapon in the ready position.

Being able to carry the weapon in a ready position is important.... hopefully the weapon wont get in my way...

m16 sling at a recent gun show. It's nothing fancy, simple and gets the job done. Only draw back is that you can not carry the weapon in the ready position.

You can if you add the extension to it. Alot of my guys in my squad including myself used a sling extension on our A2's. That way it laid right in the center of your body, so it was always in the ready. I still have a set, but can't remember what we called them.

I use Tactical Link slings now. They are very durable, built well and are single points.

http://www.tacticallink.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I will add a positive note for the Vickers. I was all set to buy a Specter Gear (I have had them in the past and liked them), and on a whim went with the Vickers to try. I like the Vickers particularly on the Benelli *because* it's a 2-point sling, very simple, yet you can manipulate it in just about any way (quickly) to accommodate just about any position you want. Thumbs up for Vickers. Excellent quality too.

I will add a positive note for the Vickers. I was all set to buy a Specter Gear (I have had them in the past and liked them), and on a whim went with the Vickers to try. I like the Vickers particularly on the Benelli *because* it's a 2-point sling, very simple, yet you can manipulate it in just about any way (quickly) to accommodate just about any position you want. Thumbs up for Vickers. Excellent quality too.

can you post a link as to where you got your vickers from?

can you post a link as to where you got your vickers from?

LouDiamiond originally posted this source, and after a bit of research, I bought it here:

http://www.greygrouptraining.biz/Blue_Force_Gear_Vickers_Combat_Applications_Sling_p/vcas.htm

Had no problems with the transaction. There are other sites to get it from for about the same price. I chose the black one, which turns out to be a sort of muted black (if that makes sense), so it blends nicely with the rest of the M4.

• 1 year later...

I see that this is a old thread but as a new (Sep '09) M4 owner I will give my findings.

I went with a VCAS COBRA PADDED VERSION in black from blueforcegear. (Wanted the Cobra release buckle)

Not cheap but very functional.

I am a right hand shooter and rotated the M4 front sling mount from 270 degrees (tag down) to 180 degrees (tag to the left) and the resulting sling position is what I wanted.

All Depends on how you use your sling for your shooting style. I use a 2 point Urban Sentry Sling. It's high quality and adjustable and will hang around your neck until you need it. For a shotgun you only need something that will lock up your form long enough to send rounds down range.