Hornandy 2.75" 00 9 pellet Buckshot "personal defense" ammo???

Mr. Shotgun

Has anyone ever tried this ammo before in their 12ga??

Its a 2 3/4 inch shell, 00 Buckshot, 9 Pellet, recommended for "home defense" and supposedly used by Law Enforcement....

Would you use this to go into a fighting, battle scenario??

Hornandy is certainly a fine manufacturer. However, 00 Buckshot can have penetration issues. I round of 00 is like 9 .33 caliber bullets flying at you, which will certainly take down your attacker but it can also penetrate walls and possible take down an innocent person next door.

If you live in a remote area where penetration is not an issue, I would go for 3" 000 Buck and send 10 .36 caliber hot balls of lead flying at them per round.

Its a 2 3/4 inch shell, 00 Buckshot, 9 Pellet, recommended for "home defense" and supposedly used by Law Enforcement....

It's the same load ( 00, 9 pellet) thats used in the military for breeching doors.

Yup... if you know were to get one for the M4 let us know!

The only one that I know of that is making a breeching device for the m4 is Vang Comp. It isn't a choke/ breeching combo like the Remington device, instead it replaces the end cap on the magazine tube and extends 2" past the barrel. I'll post a picture of it in a few days when I return home.

I tried it out along with some of the LE red box semi-auto and the LE low recoil stuff. I found that the two full strength, the semi auto red box and the FPD stuff, gave pretty crappy patterns. Only about 2-3 of the pellets were in the 12 inch circle. The rest was scattered all over the paper. Some 12 inches outside the circle. The low recoil onthe other hand had great patterns. That is what I'm using in my M4.