First bird of 2008..

mudhen

The first bird of the year is always special to me (if I even get one!). Even though I don't need to kill to enjoy the sport, the kill always makes it extra special for me.

This bird came in early, in strut all the way, dead focused on a pair of the new Dave Smith hen turkey decoys.

We let him dance long enough to ensure there was not a second tom for the other shooter, and then I was able to pretty much pound him at 28 yards. 22#'s, 8" beard, 1" spurs.

SBE II, Primos Jellyhead .660, H-13 2.25 oz #6's.

P3290002.jpg

The vest is awsome. I bought it last year when they hit the shelf. I looked at several but they all were just to flimsy and just didn't look like they were functional. And me I didn't know anything about vests as it was my first really serious turkey hunting season. There was a lot of time and thinking put in this vest. I think the limb hanger is basicly the same vest. Plus I bought it at cost nearly, my boss owns an outdoor shop