Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benelli Forums
mudhen

First bird of 2008..

The first bird of the year is always special to me (if I even get one!). Even though I don't need to kill to enjoy the sport, the kill always makes it extra special for me.

This bird came in early, in strut all the way, dead focused on a pair of the new Dave Smith hen turkey decoys.

We let him dance long enough to ensure there was not a second tom for the other shooter, and then I was able to pretty much pound him at 28 yards. 22#'s, 8" beard, 1" spurs.

SBE II, Primos Jellyhead .660, H-13 2.25 oz #6's.

P3290002.jpg

Nice bird Mud!!! Can't wait for our season to open (Apr. 28) I'm using the same set up and your photo has got me itchin' to introduce ol' tom to my jellyhead.

Congrats!

I got one opening morning in Georgia. Pretty nice bird, I left my camera and scale home so the only stats i've got are: beard 11", spurs 1".

Good luck to everyone!!

First bird ever and 2008 SBEII 24" primos jellyhead 660 win.XR #6. worked this bird for 2 1/2 hours this morning. shaking so bad its a wonder I didn,t miss!!!! 2008FirstTurkey018.jpg

Bartman...congrats! There's nothing like that first bird! Nice picture, too.

How do you like that vest? Those are nice.

The vest is awsome. I bought it last year when they hit the shelf. I looked at several but they all were just to flimsy and just didn't look like they were functional. And me I didn't know anything about vests as it was my first really serious turkey hunting season. There was a lot of time and thinking put in this vest. I think the limb hanger is basicly the same vest. Plus I bought it at cost nearly, my boss owns an outdoor shop