New to the forum couple of questions

akrapovic

Hey all,

I just purchased a Benelli M4 and thus far love the gun. I do have couple of questions.

1. What choke should I use for Federal tactical slugs (light recoiling stuff)

2. Where is the best place to purchase a standard stock, not a big fan of the pistol grip style. Does anyone offer a shortened version for use with body armor.

3. Where is the best place to find accessories. I'm having a **** of a time even finding a side saddle carrier without a rail. I'm hoping that the rail is not required.

4. Is the M4 stock interchangeable with the m1 and m2.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

Hey all,

I just purchased a Benelli M4 and thus far love the gun. I do have couple of questions.

1. What choke should I use for Federal tactical slugs (light recoiling stuff)

2. Where is the best place to purchase a standard stock, not a big fan of the pistol grip style. Does anyone offer a shortened version for use with body armor.

3. Where is the best place to find accessories. I'm having a **** of a time even finding a side saddle carrier without a rail. I'm hoping that the rail is not required.

4. Is the M4 stock interchangeable with the m1 and m2.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

#1 Cylinder

#2 $165 at Able's (http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=104227)

#3 Your SOL, you should keep the rail because before long you will want an EOTech sight

#4 NO

Guest GunCrazyD

use cylinder or improved cylinder for slugs...some of the light recoil rounds will not cycle the gun properly...

only a dealer can really get you a standard stock..not too many places have them..call Brownells or Numrich for them...

gun is pretty specific....side saddles might be hard ot find for them because they are already drilled for the rail....i've never seen one...

stock will not interchnage with any other gun without major modifications..

Thanks for the info!! Is the improved cylinder choke versatile? Will it work well with buckshot? Sry for all the new guy questions....mainly a patrol rifle guy, only shotgun I've had time with was a 870.

Depends on your application, improved cylinder has a wide spread at greater distances...

An M4 is an entirely different world than an 870. I world I hope you prefer it, most of us do...

I honestly would use the gun how it came from the factory, the pistol grip is very nice and if you ultimately don't like it, you can always change it out later.

I would also buy a few hundred rounds of 00 3" magnum buckshot to break it in.

Most stuff that is "Low Recoil" wont cycle, sometimes "Reduced Recoil" will work after the gun is broken in.

good luck