Weapon light on M4, need advice...

Caligvla

I currently have a SureFire Scout Light on my M4...

I am using a B&T single picatinny rail.

I am looking to replace it with the following combination.

1.) G2 Tan (I have the desert camo, so I think it will look a bit better)

2.) Replace the incandescent with a Malkoff LED 235+ lumens

3.) Use a Tan CAA Mount in conjunction with the B&T

Do you think this setup can take the recoil, the heat and whatever else I am not thinking of??? I called SureFire and they said it's not recommended, but didn't say it wouldn't work either...

What do you guys think?

Do you think this setup can take the recoil, the heat and whatever else I am not thinking of??? I called SureFire and they said it's not recommended, but didn't say it wouldn't work either...

What do you guys think?

should be fine, i think they just say its not recommended just they can try to change your mind about purchasing a more expensive light like this one http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/345/prrfnbr/24223/Scout-Light

should be fine, i think they just say its not recommended just they can try to change your mind about purchasing a more expensive light like this one http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/345/prrfnbr/24223/Scout-Light

that's the light I currently have on my M4... The thumb nut comes loose from time to time from the recoil...

The Scout light is an excellent piece of kit. The thing people forget about mounting a light on a shotgun is the forces that the light is subjected to by the weapon. SureFire makes a screw on lens assembly that can withstand the concussive shock of weapons like shotguns and large caliber weapons that fits on most of the handhelds.

The G2 is a great light but I cannot say how long it may survive on a shotgun before it has problems.

The Scout light is an excellent piece of kit. The thing people forget about mounting a light on a shotgun is the forces that the light is subjected to by the weapon. SureFire makes a screw on lens assembly that can withstand the concussive shock of weapons like shotguns and large caliber weapons that fits on most of the handhelds.

The G2 is a great light but I cannot say how long it may survive on a shotgun before it has problems.

couldn't agree more...

DSC_0888.jpg

Great series of lights. I have the M2, M3, M3T, M4 and M6 lights and favor the M3 for its size and output (MN21 for short bursts when the body is bored for 18650 Li-ion cells, or the WA1111 using the same cells). Offhand, I do not forsee any problems with the Malkoff/G2 combo. If anything, give it a shot and report back with results :) .

What do you guys think?

Well I tried it out... the weak link was #3 the CAA Mount... boy does this thing suck!!! I think it's meant for an airsoft gun or something, it came flying off the gun, I put it back on 3 times then gave up on it. The G2 went flying down range it had the malkoff drop in it... both the G2 and the malkoff were fine being tossed about...

So now my question is what is a great mount to use to mount my G2 to my Benelli M4?

that's the light I currently have on my M4... The thumb nut comes loose from time to time from the recoil...

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=117

larue scout light mount.

I bought one about a month ago when I replaced the tail cap on my scout light. It's like every other larue product ... outstanding.

Other light mounts ...

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Light+%2F+Laser+Mounts

The best money can buy really.