B&T BT21454 (Dual) Rail Mount & Other Questions...

adamlau

Former M1 and current M4 11707 owner . A couple of questions:

Outside of LaserMax, who makes a respected laser mount system? Is there a sightable tri-dot (ala Predator) system available?

My planned mods are as follows and subject to change:

Meprolight ML-34302 Sight Set (with appropriate front sight post)

Quake Claw Tactical Sling (prefer their non-marring sling swivels)

Mesa Tactical SureShell 6-Round (unless the Mesa FCAM intends to integrate the saddle)

Adamlau,

I can answer 2) I have a Mesa 6 shot rail on my SuperNova. Although I have 'normal' length (not gorilla!) arms, I've only had to move the angle of my wrist and not really moved my hand.

I fully endorse the Eotech - it looks a bit big but it 'feels' OK on the gun and provides a great sight picture both indoors (low light level) and outside, too.

Enjoy.

Andy

Former M1S90 and future M4 owner (will be picking up a Benelli M4 11707 this week). A couple of questions:

1. The Brugger & Thomet BT21454 (Dual) Rail Mount mentioned that it is installed around the barrel. Where along the barrel and can it be installed on the mag tube? The reason I ask is because I want to mount a SureFire M900A vertical forend to the B&T, but do not want it situated too far past the forend. Else, the only option appears to be the M80 (possible weight savings over the B&T quad rail). Anyone have a pic?

It mounts on the Magazine tube. If you don't need the dual rail, you can always go for the single version

I also highly recommend you get SOCOMGUYs full length tube while you still can...

As I mentioned on CPF you cannot install the M900A Legally in California...

Review the California Assault Weapon Guide HERE

My planned mods are as follows and subject to change:

EOTech 512.A65/1 (or a laser)

Don't waste your money on a laser they are fairly usless, go for the EOTech...

GG&G Tactical Charging Handle

Good choice but you may also want to look at Dave's Metal Works bolt handle too...

Caligvla, did you mean that installing a collapsible stock is not legal in CA? I don't recall any laws on vertical foregrips. This would be interesting for me to learn.

I think Caligvla is confusing shotguns with rifles.

With regard to shotguns, the following are prohibited in California as assault weapons:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

That's it. Nothing about vertical grips (which are indeed prohibited on semi-auto centerfire rifles with detachable magazines) unless he has a telescoping stock, which would be illegal anyway with the pistol grip.

[b&G rail mount] mounts on the Magazine tube.

Then the M900A will mount too far forwards for my tastes. Will wait on the Mesa modular rail system :cool: .

...SOCOMGUYs full length tube

Went with the factory extension.

Don't waste your money on a laser they are fairly us[e]less...

Will go the way of the EOTech 512.A65/1.

...you may also want to look at Dave's Metal Works bolt handle too...

Thanks, but I am not a fan of black oxide finishes.

I think Caligvla is confusing shotguns with rifles.

Representatives at Cal DOJ have brainwashed Caligvla :) .