another p350/Nova turkey choke question??

dfb2004

Thanks, i am already kicking myself in the ass for buying this Stoeger. I decided to save 100 bucks and go with the p350, and it was broke right out of the box(slide doesnt lock in the forward position), got lied to by the dealer that it had a lifetime warranty when i bought it only to find out it only has a year warranty???? I guess they have absolutely no confidence in their products to only offer a year warranty. Great! Had to go through **** and back to get the gun exchanged, only to find out on here all of the problems everybody else has been having with these guns. Ive had it for a week and feel like i got robbed already.The couple of times i did shoot it to pattern, the stock xx ext full turkey choke was a bad bad time.....pellets everywhere but the target at 40 yards. With turkey season a few weeks away, im not very happy. Thanks for the info though, im thinking about a Primos Jellyhead choke...heard some good things, we'll see!!

Yes im going to go with the jellyhead. The shot im not sure about. That hevi shot is priced crazy. I have always used remington magnum premier turkey loads #4 and never had any problems....last year switched to #5 shot and missed two birds at 40 yards( hit them but didnt get them). This year when i did pattern the p350 with 4 shells before i realized it was broken the 2 #5's patterned horrible and the 2 #4's, a little better, but not much....now im reading on here guys using #6's.....i read those federal flitecontrol loads seem to work well too.......bottow line is.....if a had $500 extra bucks to test shells it would be a different story...but this is getting costly......the worst part was having to tell my mother im addicted to gobblers...lol

Yes im going to go with the jellyhead. The shot im not sure about. That hevi shot is priced crazy. I have always used remington magnum premier turkey loads #4 and never had any problems....last year switched to #5 shot and missed two birds at 40 yards( hit them but didnt get them). This year when i did pattern the p350 with 4 shells before i realized it was broken the 2 #5's patterned horrible and the 2 #4's, a little better, but not much....now im reading on here guys using #6's.....i read those federal flitecontrol loads seem to work well too.......bottow line is.....if a had $500 extra bucks to test shells it would be a different story...but this is getting costly......the worst part was having to tell my mother im addicted to gobblers...lol

Neither one of my turkey guns,and I am pretty sure most everyone here will tell you that their guns don't pattern well with 5's.I don't know why,they just don't.Most everyone here shoots 6's,but also most are shooting some type of hevi-shot,which has more downrange energy than the 5's within turkey range,maybe even more than the lead 4's.Someone else may have the energy figures.

Myself I would try patterning 6's thru the Jellyhead,lead shot or whatever you are thinking of trying.Thru the tight chokes the small shot sizes pattern better,and they do have enough energy to kill that turkey if you hit him good.Plus you hit him with alot more pellets.