Question on new Montefeltro 12ga

thermactor

Hi guys,

I just bought a new Montefeltro 12ga, as Galyan's is being bought out by Dick's, and it was on a really good sale for almost half of msrp. Anyway, i've always wanted a Benelli, and I'm impressed with the gun so far, although I haven't yet shot it. I just got it yesterday and put it together.

My question... There seems to be a rattling inside the front of the forearm when the gun is shaken. The forearm cap is on tight and the forearm is tight. The rattling still occurs with shells in the magazine. Could this be the plug in the magazine? Is this normal? I don't like the rattling... Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!

Wes

It probably is the plug.

On the Monte, the plug is an aluminum rod that rests under the mag cap.

Mine does not rattle, but if it did, I guess I would wrap the end in a bit of electrical tape and wedge it back in. You will have to pry it out a bit to remove.

mudhen - CA

Well, I took off the cap, and it is the plug that is rattling. It fits pretty loosely in the hole. It seems like the cap should tighten against it though, but it apparently does not.

Interestingly, the lug on the barrel is mated against the base of the stud on the end of the magazine, and the barrel is locked in place. However, there is a 1 to 1.5 mm gap between the vent rib and the reciever. Is that gap normal? Just curious...

Thanks guys,

Wes

Ok, thanks! After taking it down and putting it together several times with the same result, I decided there was no way it was going away. So, I took it out shooting, and it performs beautifully.

I went ahead and took the offending rattle-plug out, but when i go hunting I may try out that electrical tape idea.

Thanks again,

Wes