Sugestions on Slings

etheridge

I just started working for the Military Police and noticed the slings they have been using for the M1014 shtogun, they are in very bad condition. I really want to order new slings, I have been looking around but yet havnt found the right one. Can anybody help me out, any suggestions...:confused:

A lot of folks on here have mentioned the Specter Gear family of slings - http://www.spectergear.com/slings.htm

I had one on an AR15 years ago (when they were still known as CQB Solutions) and the quality was outstanding. As you can see, they have a variety of types, depending on your duty. I'm leaning toward an SOP sling for the M4 myself (take note that this company makes an SOP sling specifically for the Benelli M-line of shotguns, for what that's worth).

I also have seen Giles slings mentioned, but have no personal experience with them. I understand they are of pretty high quality as well.

Then there is the Blackhawk line of slings:

http://www.blackhawk.com/category1.asp?D=D0063&S=S0639&G=&C=&N=1&pricestart=&priceend=

I have absolutely no knowledge of the quality of these items. Only thing I can say is I have several Blackhawk products (gloves, etc.) and am happy with them.

Undoubtedly there are many other options, and I am sure this will be a popular thread where you will get numerous suggestions.

Hope this helps.

By the way, etheridge, as an MP being given an M1014, have you heard anything about the M1014's reliability in Iraq and Afghanistan? I've seen a couple blogs where some folks have complained that it has gained a reputation for having a real hard time with sand and will often jam. I would love to know if you have heard anything. Even if you haven't yet, could you post on here if you do hear something in the future?

In fact, I would like to hear if anyone on this forum has heard similar chatter to this.

I just installed a Specter CQB sling on my M4. Good support for a heavily loaded out M4. Quick target acquisition. Perfect fit and looks great in OD. Also got a Specter buttstock shell holder in OD as well, and they look like they were made for each other as they interconnect. I would say 10/10.

I just installed a Specter CQB sling on my M4. Good support for a heavily loaded out M4. Quick target acquisition. Perfect fit and looks great in OD. Also got a Specter buttstock shell holder in OD as well, and they look like they were made for each other as they interconnect. I would say 10/10.

How much was it?? does it come in black?