Turkey Calls What Brand Do You Use?

BARTMAN

Well I decided to upgrade to some nicer calls, not that the calls I have were not working but just looking at some of thes high end calls and wondering.I have a MAD crystal and a Lynch fool proof box call. So I decide to go and look at some calls and was looking at 30 and 40 dollar range.But they didn't sound any better than my 20 dollar calls they were just nicer. So I stepped up to some 60 and 70 dollar calls and it was night and day in sound. They don't look any better but the sound is awsome. So I ended up with two woodhaven custom calls, the slate is is a cherry classic aluminum and the box is a two sided cherry real hen call. These calls sound so awsome I can't begin to tell ya. I will say the sound on the aluminum is awsome but it tends to gum up the strikers from the aluminum, so I wish I had bought the crystal. So what is some views from some of the vets .. 006.jpg

I'm using a Woodhaven Vision Aluminum, along with the red wing mouth call, and the crabtree sig mouth call from Woodhaven.

The sound is just unreal, Bartman I too had trouble with my Vision at first, seemed to lose its grab on the surface. Just lightly knock the glase off your striker tip with 220 grit, and run your striker with less angle, almost straight up and down with the call and a little more pressure. Try it, that perfect rasp is sweet.

I also use a Cody world class, and Woodhaven Laminated Oak strikers with both calls.

Its just real turkey........

I hacked my S amsung Gleam so I could upload my own mp3 ringtones using QPST and a USB cable.

I loaded a cackle for one friend's calls and a yelp for another's.

It's working great, but I'm using up a heck of a lot of minutes calling them and saying, "call me back... quick!" ;)

perrytrails it is an awsome sound when it runs, but I couldn't figure out why it sounded so good at home but I was loosing it totally in the woods, and this morning i figured it out, it's the damn glove. You cant feel the vib in the finger to know when to adjust so I don't know maybe I will have to paint my right hand. But I think I am going to order the vision crystal if I can get one

Hey tucker I thought I was the only one wanting turkey ringtones. I found only one that sounded good and it was a fly down cackle, but I didn't want to give them my credit card though. it sounded cool

Credit card?

Gotta learn ways around that kind of stuff, my friend. Don't feed the beast.

QPST or BitPim will let you load just about anything you want on there for ringtones.

And you can turn on free WAP and other fun things :D

Hey tucker I thought I was the only one wanting turkey ringtones. I found only one that sounded good and it was a fly down cackle, but I didn't want to give them my credit card though. it sounded cool

Bartman- I've got some turkey ringtones. They are mp3's. They are made from actual recordings so there is some background noise - just natural woods sounds, birds chirping etc.. Would you like me to email you a couple?

No doubt I used 15.00 calls to kill my bird last week but you know nothing like nicer toys to keep ya attention longer. my remington 3 inch magnum pump will kill the he?? out of a turkey but sure is nice carrying my sbe2. Any way ordered a new vision crystal today will post a pic of it later this week.