Duracoat.

Duvall-609

I don't like Duracoat, it's too glossy and has a thick, bumpy texture.

I do like Norrells Moly Resin . It's very smooth and extremely thin, very durable against scratches and nearly indestructable to solvents. Grayish-Black flat is a perfect match to real parkerizing.

Here's one of Joe's great M1014 tubes I refinished with Grayish-black flat Moly Resin:

M1014.jpg

Moly Resin texture on an M1 Caribine bayonet lug, see how the engraving is unaffected because the finish is so thin:

m1carbine.jpg

I don't like Duracoat, it's too glossy and has a thick, bumpy texture.

If too much hardener is added to the mixture, you can get a glossy finish. Otherwise the standard colors aren't glossy. Still, Duracoat does offer a "tactical" line of matte finishes if the standard colors aren't to your liking. If the Duracoat finish had a thick and bumpy texture it was applied wrong...unless that was what the painter was going for.

If too much hardener is added to the mixture, you can get a glossy finish. Otherwise the standard colors aren't glossy. Still, Duracoat does offer a "tactical" line of matte finishes if the standard colors aren't to your liking. If the Duracoat finish had a thick and bumpy texture it was applied wrong...unless that was what the painter was going for.

+1. It doesn't come out thick and bumpy unless you apply it wrong. Duracoat is a ok finish, but it isn't hard enough.

Anybody wanting to have their stuff refinished, I highly recommend:

KG Industries

http://www.kgcoatings.com/

Talk to Chris Fazio, he will hook you up.