3.5" slug gun

duckanddeer

I have a SBE2 3.5" that I use for duck and goose. I bought a SBE2 slug barrel for it and noticed it says 2 3/4 and 3". The website is a bit confusing as it shows SBE2 slug guns 3.5" yet right below it describes the specifications as 3" only. I am going with the 3" max it says on my barrel but does anyone know is there a 3.5" SBE2 slug gun available? I cant tell from the site.

Until now I have always used 2 3/4" slugs for long range deer. This spring I am doing close range (50 yard) bear and thought 3.5" might be nice.

Thanks

3.5 " slugs just have more wads to fill the space. With modern slugs/powder a longer case is not needed. Browning makes a 3.5" barrel because they stamp the reciever w/3.5" and therefore either had to make no slug barrel or a 3.5". SBE's do not have reciever markings, so they make a 3" barrel as results are better w/less throat. Tar-hunt makes custom slug guns and do not make a 3.5",

• 4 weeks later...

Always' ALWAYS, go with what's on the barrel. Of any shotgun.

I went to the Benelli website and found it to be perfectly clear. The smooth bore guns are spec'd at 3.5" and under the slug gun it's spec'd at 3". Good hunting!

• 2 months later...