Super Sport won't cycle target loads

acmeclaybuster

These loads are below the minimum recommended load by the manufacturer. Did you know this?

Has the gun been broken in using heavier loads?

It may cycle the girly loads after proper break-in, even though it shouldn't.

SureCycle makes aftermarket systems for Benellis and others.

Check with them to see if their stuff fits SuperSport.

My SuperSport is over two years old and after break-in of 200 rounds of thumpers (Rem STS sporting 1 1/8 oz at 1300 fps) (thank goodnes for the comfortek stock) it would cycle 1 oz at 1200 fps. For the past year I have been using 7/8 oz at 1250 fps and it works every time. I have approximately 5000 rounds through the gun, mostly at skeet and sporting, but some phesant and duck hunting too and I have had exactly 3 failures to load caused by a bad reload (belled mouth).

Just FYI, my 13 year old M-1 Super 90 cycled 1 oz. loads after it was broken in. A few years ago, I put a sure cycle system in it. It will now not cycle anything less than a 1 1/8 oz. 3 1/4 dram load. Even after I have put 1000 + heavy duck loads through it. The sure Cycle system definately has a stiffer spring. I Use the gun for hunting. When I shoot Doves, I use fast 1-1/8 loads I am pleased with it. When I use it as a Duck gun, It functions perfectly. That is its job.

I have an older M1 S90 H+K Defense model (22 years old) and it has always fired everything I've put into it from 2+1/2" light English loads to the heaviest 3" slugs and buckshot. I've demonstrated this to friends countless times with different loads all mixed in the tube (7+1+1). Just last week I ran through some much older 000 buckshot mixed with new Winchester X-Lite AA target loads. Wow, that lasted about 16 rounds. I'm not as young as I used to be and those 000 buckshot rounds were murder on my shoulder :o Talk about night and day. The light AA go boom and those 000 rounds go BLAM :eek: Even shot off-handed by my side. My M1, of course, fired off every thing without a hiccup. These older M1 S90's rule !!