M4CQB

M4CQB

I have been told not to shoot my M4CQB as they are rare and difficult to find. I am also being told that they are now worth anywhere from $2,500 to $3,500.

Exactly how rare are these guns, and are they really worth that much now?

What kind of Eotech should I get for my M4?

I saw that the prices range from $300 to $1100.....

I would go with the 552 with NV compatibility. However, I am looking to switch mine out with the new Aimpoint. I love the Comp M4 (I have one on a 9mm SMG) as it really suits my needs, it is NV compatible, has simple flipup lense covers, and uses only one AA battery that will last 8-10 years.

I have one on back order, but I should be able to get it mounted on my Benelli in a month or two.

its nice, but i'd still shoot the **** out of it.

You know, I think you have the right idea. I'm the kind of person that would never buy a classic car and let it sit in a garage. If it makes 700hp, then I would want to use it and get my money's worth.

I would go with the 552 with NV compatibility. However, I am looking to switch mine out with the new Aimpoint. I love the Comp M4 (I have one on a 9mm SMG) as it really suits my needs, it is NV compatible, has simple flipup lense covers, and uses only one AA battery that will last 8-10 years.

I have one on back order, but I should be able to get it mounted on my Benelli in a month or two.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/EOT-552.A651.html

like this one??

Aimpoint

http://www.impactguns.com/store/7350004381395.html

Are ya talking about that one? Will it work well, and look good on an full length 18.5" barrel M4?

You know, I think you have the right idea. I'm the kind of person that would never buy a classic car and let it sit in a garage. If it makes 700hp, then I would want to use it and get my money's worth.

Exactly my thoughts.

What's the point in having something nice if you're not gonna use it?

Just take good care of your gun and it will retain its value. If someone is looking for a m4cqb barrel, I highly doubt they are going to turn down a deal because you have a few hundred rounds through it. I don't think anyone has shot out an m4 barrel to the point of requiring a new one yet :) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just obviously dont let it rust, or get super deep scratches, or anything.

I've had my m4 for ... wow 3 years I think now, have put many thousands of rounds through it, have beat the **** out of it from hard use, and just from proper cleaning and metal care products it looks as perfect as the day I got it, save for some of the black anodizing that has come off of the chamber due to friction with the bolt carrier group.

If I have time I may make a post on what m4 internals look like as they age, it's really kind of surprising how well they hold up.

But yea, I'd say certainly don't be afraid to shoot it. The value of that gun is in it's rare nature ... being new in box, or slightly used, doesn't make it any less rare. Guns are a commodity, sure, but they're a whole lot more fun if you use them while you hold onto them :)

http://www.impactguns.com/store/EOT-552.A651.html

like this one??

Aimpoint

http://www.impactguns.com/store/7350004381395.html

Are ya talking about that one? Will it work well, and look good on an full length 18.5" barrel M4?

Yes, that is the EoTech that I currently have, and yes again, that is the Aimpoint that I have ordered. I saw one on the internet that had a Comp M3 mounted with a B&T quadrail, and it looked just fine.

Exactly my thoughts.

What's the point in having something nice if you're not gonna use it?

Just take good care of your gun and it will retain its value. If someone is looking for a m4cqb barrel, I highly doubt they are going to turn down a deal because you have a few hundred rounds through it. I don't think anyone has shot out an m4 barrel to the point of requiring a new one yet :) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just obviously dont let it rust, or get super deep scratches, or anything.

I've had my m4 for ... wow 3 years I think now, have put many thousands of rounds through it, have beat the **** out of it from hard use, and just from proper cleaning and metal care products it looks as perfect as the day I got it, save for some of the black anodizing that has come off of the chamber due to friction with the bolt carrier group.

If I have time I may make a post on what m4 internals look like as they age, it's really kind of surprising how well they hold up.

But yea, I'd say certainly don't be afraid to shoot it. The value of that gun is in it's rare nature ... being new in box, or slightly used, doesn't make it any less rare. Guns are a commodity, sure, but they're a whole lot more fun if you use them while you hold onto them :)

Well said. Also, I do not plan on ever selling this thing, so I quess I really should not care too much.