M4/M1014 Numerich recoil tube body or assembly?

Penguin81

Does anyone have experience with transplanting the internal parts of the recoil spring tube assembly into a new recoil tube body? If so, how difficult is it?

I would like to replace the recoil tube on my Benelli M1014 with the recoil tube from Numrich and I’m trying to decide if I should buy just the tube body or the whole tube assembly.

Also, does anyone have experience with the quality and fit of the Numrich recoil tube?

Thanks.

Thanks for the linky - but that looks like a stock one that will not let the stock collapse? Does anyone know for sure if this one will let the stock collapse to two positions or three?

i bought it about a month ago, and it does let the skeletonized stock colapse.

i bought 2, one gutted and the other with the spring assembly in it. when i took off the stock recoil tube i replaced it with the assembled on i had. then i tried to swap the spring from the stock tube over to the gutted tube and i have a problem getting the little clip at the bottom (or the end that goes into the reciever) out.

Thanks for the information guys.

Follow-up questions:

M1014, do you know how your buddy swapped the parts and if he ran into the same problem as fiavaim?

M1014 and fiavaim, how many stock positions does the Numrich part allow? How is the part quality compared to the stock piece?

Thanks again.

I had heard it is very difficult to unscrew the old recoil tube out because Benelli used a powered form of locktite that makes it extremely difficult to unscrew from the receiver. What is the procedure to get the old one out?

From what I understand you just need to heat the receiver anywhere from 180 to 350 F to get the thread locker to let go.

Some people have then been able to use just their gloved hands, but sometimes a strap wrench, to then unscrew the part.

I've also seen recommendations to heat the receiver and not the tube to keep the tube from expanding inside the receiver, making it easier to remove.

Once the part is out, clean the threads and you're good to go. This applies for removing the magazine tube too.

Thanks for the information guys.

Follow-up questions:

M1014, do you know how your buddy swapped the parts and if he ran into the same problem as fiavaim?

M1014 and fiavaim, how many stock positions does the Numrich part allow? How is the part quality compared to the stock piece?

Thanks again.

mine only has 2 stock positions, and to be honest the quality of the new tube is pretty much the same as the stock.