M4 vs Fabarm SAT8...any comparison?

rzmitchv4

Two people I know bought SAT 8's and just rave about them...is there any comparison at all to an M4? I know this is the Benelli site but I'd like to hear what people think...anyone have any experience with Fabarm stuff and how does it compare feature for feature?

Thanks!

mitch

Fabarms are VERY nice shotguns, and they are definitely comparable to Benelli's inertia driven shotguns. I have an M2, and I really can't say that it is much better than a Fabarm.

Now in regard to your question about the M4, I would not consider a Fabarm if I were to compare it to an M4. The only thing that would make a Fabarm even a thought is the difference in price, but in my opinion the extra cost is well worth the admission of ownership for an M4.

Fabarms are nice shotguns, and there is nothing to really fault, but I think the M4 simply cycles smoother, and has a tighter feel to it than a Fabarm. The Benelli simply has that custom feel to it that you can only get from specialty manufacturers like Wilson Combat.

,,its imititation,just look at the physical features....it probably runs okay,,but why buy one when there are Benellis around??maybe there cheaper in price or something,,even the bolt release is on the wrong side,,,fabarm stands for copycat wannabe.

I forgot to mention that although the Fabarm may look a little like the M4, it is a very different shotgun. The autoloader was built as a compact sidefolder, and the entire recoil system is located inside the receiver. The gun was originally offered with a sidefolder stock as an option, but the stock was a piece of junk. I do not know when Fabarm switched to the collapsible stock, but this whole design is an afterthought. They really should have just redesigned the sidefolder, as this was the original format the gun was supposed to come in, but now it seems that they are just trying to compete in an arena that is already very crowded and competitive. Not to mention the fact that this arena already has a KING on the hill. I guess it is just another servant that will pay homage to KING BENELLI.

To be fair I do like the Fabarms, they are really nice shotguns, and I guess if Benelli was not around I would buy one.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a necomer for BenelliUSA, so first Hi from all Russian BenelliUsers:D

I have SAT8 as well as M4 and can compare them without any problem. SAT8 is a good weapon (cost/effective) as in Moscow it cost 45K Rub vs 77KRub for M4. (1Usd - 24Rub)

I made about 600 shots from SAT without any problems (mainly slugs).

Funny, the first thing you feel when compare M4 vs SAT in hands, is weight! M4 heavier, and give you good feeling of quality, also I like mechanical scheme of M4 more -easy and simple very useful!

The only SAT8 negative, is linked with it's Knoxx stock, looks like item from toystore, no comparsion with M4 metal skeleton.

If someone interesting, i can post photos of both rifles.

38b6dc17196ft.jpg

9d8d532ccef8t.jpg

devices are muzzle brakes, one of them is forM4.

strange thing, as i see no US or any other M4 with it, and i'm personally do not like it

Where did you get those at? Do they make a Breacher style for the Benelli M4 that screws in with the choke like the on pictured? About how much are they in US DOLLAR? Anyway i can get one or get one shipped to the US?

Super M4,

Above muzzle brake is called compensator by Benelli look to the accessori part link below

http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Armi.asp?ID=783

i'm personalli NOT recommend it 'cause on our forum guns.ru several guys damaged them trying to take away from rifle, and finally one succeded in breaking it for two pieces. This item is made of some alloy not steel. Where did we get them? All M4 wich officialy sold in Russia had them OEM.

I never see them in Russia in gunshops, but in Ukraine it is sold for 40usd.

Below muzzle break is not benelli :( it is Fabarm. And it is good, steelmade and heavy...it works...

I think it is possible to put it on benelli, but you will need some kind of adapter as it has different carving/thread.