Light setup

SiNNiK

I've ordered a Nordic Components mag extension for my SuperNova Tactical and would like to mount a dependable light on it. I've done a search on a few shotgun forums and haven't come across too many people who've put lights on a SNT.

Is there anyone here with advice or recommendations? I'm leaning toward something like the Surefire G2 LED High Output Flashlight:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug2ledhiouf.html

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Thanks

The light you choose is totally up to you. I'd think that any surefire would be fine. They make a shock tube you might want to get. It absorbs alot of the shock and dispurses it so that it doesn't rattle the interioir workings of the light loose.

I also have a SuperNova tactical and went with the TacStar extension and plan on putting this on it for my light.

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/mesa-tactical-magazine-clamp-rail-for-tactical-shotguns-p-47.html?osCsid=9e38f37ab28c3a28850f3c8bc00148fa

shotty.jpg

Man that Mesa clamp is sharp, and sturdy. I think I'm gonna have to get one of those. What type of light are you going to be using? I'd like to find one that won't blink out when I'm shooting, yet affordable.

Is there such a thing?

O and how does that 6 shell carrier work for you? I had been considering one but didn't know if would be too long and interfere with sliding the foregrip. Nice too see someone else has opted for the ComforTech stock too, I thought I was going to be the only one. :D

I have several lights I use for work. All the major light companies, surefire, steamlight ect are going to sell you a good product. You are gonna want LED because those little 3 volt batteries for these lights are expensive. The one you put up was fine being that it is LED.

You might want to think about buying a light that has the option of a pressure switch. I know from experience that trying to use your support hand to operate your light, while trying not to get shot at, can be stressful. I am sure that surefire makes something like that. I like the Streamlight TLR-1 with the pressure switch attachment. I don't have a light on my SNT, but I do have it on my Bushmaster AR-15. It works fine, but you will spend a few extra bucks.

I did not have the pressure switch at first but after looking for a guy who ran in the woods after crashing a stolen car at the end of a car chase, I really wanted something that required me to do the least amount of moving/thinking about the gun and would just let me focus on my safety and finding him.

Thanks Duvall, that TLR-1 looks like what I'm interested in, but dang, another hundred dollars, at least. This is turning into one expensive shotgun.

Do you think that the TLR-1 can be used with the Mesa clamp posted earlier? That looks like it's be fairly indestructible.

Pressure switch, I'll find one, thanks.

I still have to fire a lot more rounds to see how it holds up to abuse, but if you want cheap, I bought a pair of scope rings for seven bucks, and a black aluminum 3 watt 60 lumen high intensity LED flashlight for $20 from walmart. Can't beat the price...

I don't know if it works with the Nordic clamp. I have not seen one very close. It should fit on anything with a lip on it that is atleast 1/2 inch wide. I have one on the rail of a glock and one on a 1913 pictatinny rail on my AR. I can't imagine a clamp of anystyle that the light could mount on. I could be wrong. I have never really looked into any picatinny attachments for the SNT. I would think they are out there somewhere. Let me know if you find something.

Duvall

I still have to fire a lot more rounds to see how it holds up to abuse, but if you want cheap, I bought a pair of scope rings for seven bucks, and a black aluminum 3 watt 60 lumen high intensity LED flashlight for $20 from walmart. Can't beat the price...

Scope rings, could you tell me how you attached all that together? I may have to experiment too. :D