Dealing with Disappointment

SiNNiK

So I finally got my magazine extension for the Benelli from Cactus Tactical (Nordic Components +3), along with the Clamp, and the Teflon Coated Follower. I didn’t get a chance to closely look at everything as I had to leave for work, but I did take the time to make sure that the magazine was the correct length, and it was not. Grrr.

The extension is about an inch and a half too long. Now, I know that the shot, slugs, or wads won’t hit it, but dang it, I just don’t like the look. I think maybe I should “get over it” and use the extension as it would give me an extra shell. But on the other hand, I want my gun to look good, and that thing will just give it a major underbite.

Am I correct in thinking that the only disadvantage to having a mag tube that extends beyond the barrel is cosmetic?

Thanks

That does suck. I think the Nortic extension looks "cool", "really cool", but I don't imagine it works any better then the tacstar version that is cheaper. If it were me, I would send the nortic back and by a tacstar and use the extra cash for your light! But that Nortic does have the "tacticool" factor. I almost sent my tacstar back for it but decided the Tacstar was just fine.

Duvall

I will be swinging by and dropping a 18" Rem 870 barrel off with King Armory here in the next few days to have that standoff device permanently installed.

If you want a stand off device for the M4, I have one from Vang Comp on my M4 that is a simple screw on replacement for the magazine end cap. It is very well built and works for its intended purpose very well. Photos can be seen by clicking HERE. It can be purchased from Vang Comp HERE

Thanks Lou, but I have the SuperNova Tactical, not an M4, so I don't think it'd fit.

AHH, gottcha. All is not lost though. Give Hans at Vang Comp a call. he also makes a version for the 870 18" barrel that acts as a mag extension and a breaching standoff. See a picture of it HERE ,second from the top. If you have an 18-18.5 inch barrel on your weapon, Hans may be able to hook you up with a version that will fit your weapon. It's worth a call at least. Ya never know.

Yeah Duvall, I read on another forum how someone attached one to their barrel and one would really have to know what they were doing. That's why I'm going to be sending my barrel in to King Armory, if I end up going route.

When does the spending stop? :rolleyes:

Dropped my 870 barrel off with Joey from King Armory today and chewed the fat for awhile. Don't know if it was your barrel or not but he said he had a Benelli barrel that they were working on. I should have my 870 barrel back in about +/- 2 days with the 1212 BR and Hi Viz site installed on it. I'll be shooting it quite a bit as soon as I have it back and provide some feedback.

Dude I'm so jealous I could spit! No, it wasn't mine he was working on, he did tell me they would be tooled up for working on Benelli's for a bit as they had a couple of them to do, so i better hurry up (I'm paraphrasing).

I just got back from a funeral in East Texas, Cajun Country. I've never heard "Amazing Grace" in Cajun before. 4 hour drive from Austin, however I brought up King Armory while we were getting a hotel room, and she said "whatever you want, sweety."

Now I have to knock out some "responsible" expenditures before I can justify spending that kind of money on the gun this soon after the magazine extension, follower, and mag/barrel clamp.

Dang 'sponserbilities.

How many rounds have you fire through the new setup? If you have not put at least 1500 rounds through it the you have not a clue as to what I may be able to do for you who knows it may be better than sliced bread.You just never know till you pays you dollar and try to make it work over time. I for one never load more than 3down the pipe and one in the cylinder. I have a question as I just mad up my mind to night and have decided that because of Tom Knapp who I have met many times over the years and I find him to be a super great guy to hunt with and around. treats his dogs supper kind and any lady in or out of ear shoot as a great goddess in the older definition of the work. The first think he has always do when he call to ask if I can go hunting He is always asking if my wife can grabber her shot gun and join us as well. And that is even if I can not go with them. Once in a great while I talk her in to shot.I think Tom just loves to have a old-time VET Tec to go along to watch over the dogs. I know she give ever one the speech about keep the shots up hi NO shot is with loosing a high dollar dog. My mated pair of Greaman Shorthair pointers Are worth three times what my guns are and that goes for any I own. Even though I am going on 60years of age and I still learn more and more hunting with Tom. I am looking at my nexr shotgun will be the The Super Black Eagle II uses the proven Benelli Inertia Driven® bolt mechanism that allows it to shoot 2¾", 3" and even 3½" magnum ammunition without adjustments. In addition, the Super Black Eagle II incorporates some basic improvements, such as a drilled and tapped receiver.at 6'5" and 270# think I am still big enough to shoot that little peashooter. If you really nice I will take you out here to some private pheashant land. Nice cool day this fall Maybe even get a county commissioner out with us Who knows want to bring Arnold and Maria SCW? Ne has a hummer to get there. Your friend Ray 530-242-5755

I have a question as I just made up my mind to night and have decided that because of Tom Knapp who I have met many times over the years and I find him to be a super great guy to hunt with and around. treats his dogs supper kind and any lady in or out of ear shoot as a great goddess in the older definition of the work. The first think he has always do when he call to ask if I can go hunting He is always asking if my wife can grabber her shot gun and join us as well. And that is even if I can not go with them. Once in a great while I talk her in to shot.I think Tom just loves to have a old-time VET Tec to go along to watch over the dogs. I know she give ever one the speech about keep the shots up hi NO shot is with loosing a high dollar dog. My mated pair of Greaman Shorthair pointers Are worth three times what my guns are and that goes for any I own. Even though I am going on 60years of age and I still learn more and more hunting with Tom. I am looking at my nexr shotgun will be the The Super Black Eagle II uses the proven Benelli Inertia Driven® bolt mechanism that allows it to shoot 2¾", 3" and even 3½" magnum ammunition without adjustments. In addition, the Super Black Eagle II incorporates some basic improvements, such as a drilled and tapped receiver.at 6'5" and 270# think I am still big enough to shoot that little peashooter. If you really nice I will take you out here to some private pheashant land. Nice cool day this fall Maybe even get a county commissioner out with us Who knows want to bring Arnold and Maria SCW? Ne has a hummer to get there. Your friend Ray 530-242-5755

Thanks all

D Ray East 9021.Chaparral Dr.redding