Called Cactus Tactical...

SiNNiK

and told the mysterious guy (he wouldn't give me his name) about my situation, and he didn't believe me. I had to take a picture and prove to the guy that 2 inches too long. I don't know how I feel about that yet.

toolong.jpg

and a close up of it, just in case they can't see what I'm talking about, although I'll just leave it a link, it's rather large.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/SiNNiK/closeup.jpg

Also called Nordic Components today and told them about purchasing their product from Cactus Tactical. I asked them if they make a +2 Mag Extension and YES, they do.

So now I have to decide if I want to send my barrel to King Armory or sell the extension that I have and buy the one that fits my gun as it is now.

Which ever way I decide to go, I think I'm done with Cactus Tactical. The mystery guy stopped just short of calling me a liar when I told him that it was too long, and telling me that Nordic Components doesn't make smaller extensions when it turns out that they do indeed make them.

The more I think about the way he wanted to get off of the phone makes the decision to dump them easier and easier. Grr.

Ok.

Not to insult you, but you're being quite foolish.

You bought this product:

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=412_458&products_id=1224

This product is clearly marketed for the NOVA, not the supernova tactical.

To take this further, lets look at your gun, compared to the gun this was designed for...

This is your gun, the supernova tactical:

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large/novaTacticalSynthetic12Ga.jpg

This is the regular nova:

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large/novaTimber12Ga.jpg

Look at the difference in available space under the barrel beyond where the stock magazine ends. Do you see the problem? :)

Heres how the extension is supposed to look:

http://www.cactustactical.com/osc/images/shotgun_parts.jpg

The extension you bought is too long for your gun because it wasn't designed or meant to go on your gun. Notice how they sell a +4 as well? That should bring the extension up the end of the REGULAR nova, but it would fit even worse on your gun.

The fault is entirely yours, not nordic components, not cactus tacticals. You bought the wrong product.

Live and learn I suppose. Pay more attention to details in the future and this won't happen.

Yeah, I was feeling kinda agitated about it all yesterday and got my Grrr up. Now I'm better, and thanks for being able to point that out to me.

I didn't just buy the wrong product, as I called Tim at Nordic Components and we discussed this very thing. I told him what I had, exactly, and he said that this particular Mag Extension would fit my SuperNova. I asked him if he was sure it would fit, he asked me how long was my barrel, I told him 18.5", and he said that he had to ask in order to make sure I was getting the correct length, and that Yes, the +3 is exactly what I needed. So I felt assured that it was going to "fit".

What I didn't take into account was our definitions of "fit" were different. I meant "would it attach and be flush with the end of the barrel", whereas he evidently was concerned with the thread of the barrel nut matching up with the thread on the Mag tube.

Like you said, live and learn.

Just curious.

Did lay 3 3" 12 ga. shells end-to-end and measure them before buying the extension?

You have to know that the extension is going to be at least that long, PLUS enough space to compress the spring.

Just roughly estimate, that's going to be about 12" in length.

How long would a plus 3 extension need to be to come out flush with the end of the barrel?

That's true tucker, and I suppose if I were to be honest with myself there was a little "huh?" emoticon waayyyy back in my head scratching his little noggin. But I guess with both doubting my own cognitive skills (or deferring to someone else's judgment because "What do I know?" or "They do this for a living.") and the fact that I wanted that one to fit, I just deleted the head-scratchin' icon and ignored the question.

Won't do that again, intentionally.

It takes a good bit of character to admit a misfire like that.

There are several good men on these forums who have admitted to same.

Heck, I know one guy who has it saved, so all he has to do is copy and paste.

If I ever do make a mistake, you can bet that I'll own up to it too :cool: