Does the M4 take light loads well?

captdan

I'm curious. I love the design and looks of the M4. But for a tactical shotgun I have always leaned to a pump gun. ( I have a 870 police mag).

So, I suppose what I am asking is this. Has any owner of an M4 noticed that it will not shoot certain loads? Special rounds, etc?

Curious before I plunk down more than I paid for my car in high school years back....:D

During the break in period, my m4 was basically a pump when I used light loads ... it would shoot one, two, sometimes even three rounds of #9, then it either wouldn't cycle or would lock back as if empty.

I had faith though, and kept putting rounds through it. As I recall, after about 150 rounds this stopped happening, and I have yet to experience a failure to load or fire of any type in the multiple thousand rounds I've shot since that point.

So yea, I'd say it's a shooter :)

During the break in period, my m4 was basically a pump when I used light loads ... it would shoot one, two, sometimes even three rounds of #9, then it either wouldn't cycle or would lock back as if empty.

I had faith though, and kept putting rounds through it. As I recall, after about 150 rounds this stopped happening, and I have yet to experience a failure to load or fire of any type in the multiple thousand rounds I've shot since that point.

So yea, I'd say it's a shooter :)

Depends how light you want to go... I have shot 1000s upon 1000s of rounds through my M4, it won't cycle WinLites or Less Lethal rounds...

I have shot many of these rounds through my M2, and some through my M4 with nary a hiccup. I can't imagine a Benelli having trouble cycling anything. I almost feel like I could jam rocks down the barrel and they would still blow them out like ordinary shot.

I also have a couple friends that have more than a couple Benellis, and they have shot numerous light target loads, and even through an old M1 super 90. Again, NO problems at all.

I generally use Federal Heavy Field load #4 product code H125-4 for 3 gun matches because it will knock the steel down easier at longer distances. The cheapest stuff i have found to cycle everytime is Estate 12 ga. 2¾" 1oz 7.5 shot, i dont recall the Dram Eq. right now, but will let you know, i think it's 3¼ dram. It shoots great and its like $4.00 box of 25 low brass light loads.