Benelli M4/M1014 accessories experience

Penguin81

I’d like to replace the bolt handle on my M1014 and I’ve seen people talk about how the GG&G unit doesn’t fit perfectly. That was a while ago and I just wanted to see if that was ever a real problem and if so, if it had been addressed.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=112&parents=60,63

I’m also interested in experience with the Progressive Machine & Tool unit listed on Brownells. Can anyone comment on the installation fit of this piece?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=22928&s=

The other part I’m interested in is the Celtic Mist Machining bolt release assembly. How well does it compare to the GG&G unit?

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/benelli-tactical-bolt-release-assembly-p-121.html

Thanks for your input.

I recently got the GG&G bolt handle and had no problems with it. I did not know about the Brownell one, which is kind of cool, and might have gone that route. But I think a black finish goes better on it.

For the bolt release, I did go with the GG&G tacticle bolt release too. Again, very good, all but pricy unit. No functionality problems. No hard to install but does take three hands and you need a very small (3/32) punch.

M1014, I find that the factory bolt handle is a little too small for my comfort. I actually managed to get the side of my finger pinched in the action as I pulled back on the bolt because I couldn't get a proper grasp on the factory part. Probably fixable with training, but I'd also like to explore other options since the factory part didn't come across as the most natural feel to me.

Deldorado, thanks for the offer, but I think I'd prefer a uniform cylinder handle.

Something else I though of... does anyone know of a good source to mill extra stock positions into a recoil tube? I haven't been able to replace my M1014 part yet, but I'm still working on it. I figure for all the trouble the M1014 recoil tube has given me, I'd like to get a little more functionality out of the collapsible stock than just open and closed

BEN003.jpgI have a new DMW Benelli Bolt racker if you're interested....$22.00 shipped

LMK

thanks,

Deldorado

$22.00 not a bad price, **** I gave mine away after trying to hold the bolt back with that thing and float a round on the carrier the Bolt handle came right out and the bolt came right down on my fingers. KEEP THE STOCK ONE

I have the GG&G bolt handle and release pad.

I have bent the thin part of the bolt handle a few times, but it got bent back into shape from further use. I don't know how or why, I guess the metal just isn't hard enough.

If the progressive bolt handle was black instead of chrome, I'd get that. I don't think titanium bends very much.

The bolt release was a ***** to install, but I've only had one issue with it. The pad is secured by a hex screw I think, and if you don't CRANK it down, it can come loose after lots of shooting and spin around in a free for all.

This happened to me the first time I shot with it. I then decided to stop playing games, got some locktite and cranked the release pad down to the point of stripping the screw.

It hasn't given me a problem since.

It's worth mentioning that I am pretty hard on my guns, and that these problems may not occur if you baby your guns to death.

Something else I though of... does anyone know of a good source to mill extra stock positions into a recoil tube? I haven't been able to replace my M1014 part yet, but I'm still working on it. I figure for all the trouble the M1014 recoil tube has given me, I'd like to get a little more functionality out of the collapsible stock than just open and closed

The replacement tube that Numrich sells is only a 2 position tube. If you want to get a three position, you can contact Bob Cogan of Accurate Plating and Weaponry. He machined mine. Very reasonable and fast turn around. You have to make sure you tell him you want the third position, or he might only give you two. The only 'problem' is that he cannot refinish the tube after he mills it. So it comes back with a nice raw matal finish.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know where I could get a single point sling attachment for my M4. I have a few places on the internet and they make them for the M1, 2, & 3 but not the M4. The reason for my choice is so that I only need one sling for both my carbine and my shotgun.

Thanks,

John

You know... I actually tried that single point sling attachment and the gun weight wasn't the problem. The weight might have gotten to me quickly, but I didn't get that far.

For me, it was the fact that the nut that stuck out on the right side would scrape and dig into my trigger finger every time I fired the gun. I removed that part fast after getting home and seeing the bruise on the side of my finger.

I've pretty much gotten the gun the way I want and I've been meaning to post a review of everything I've added and done so other could see. One of these days I'll get off my lazy butt.