One last Benelli tom, Texas...

mudhen

Sad to see it end :(

The SBE II had a great season. It saved the best for last. Hard hunt. West Texas. The birds were crabby and not in the mood to be kilt. The weather was poor to boot. Food was great though. Texas BBQ is super in my chubby opinion. Very happy to bag this bird. At 42 yards, it was my only shot this year over 30 yards. Actually, it was one of only three shots over 25 yards this year.

IMG_1380.jpg

Nice bird Mudhen!

What's your number on the year now?

I'm happy that I still have 3 weeks left up here.

I'm done for the year. I could keep going up north, but I'm pretty happy reaching double digits again, so I'll just call it a good season. I'll be hunting Idaho and/or Oregon in 2009 almost for sure though to take advantage of the later seasons :)

The birds are starting to work with us up here finally. I got one in New York and Pennsylvania on Saturday and I was back home by 8:30!

Yesterday I dumped a nice 23 lb longbeard in New York. I'm leaving in a few hours to hunt in central PA tomorrow and Saturday.

The Benelli's Barking!