B&T Quadrail

M4CQB

I finally got this thing. The lighting in the picture makes the rail looking like it is a different hue, but it is actually the same as the receiver. It just has a different finish. I am now just waiting on an Aimpoint Comp M4.

BenelliBT.jpg

Love my BT too. Though the supplied allen wrench seemed a bit too small, there was a little wiggle room. Waiting for my m900ab. I have just missed Fedex for the last two days; it driving me nuts.

Benelli.jpg

Nice picture, you have the lighting just right. Nice gun.;)

I have the Mesa Tactical 8 shot. The only thing that is not perfect is the screws length; mine were barely too short. Others were too long. If you are careful inserting them you won't have a problem. Mesa Tactical has, most likely, already fixed the problem as I received a new set of screws from them last week and they seated correctly. The only improvement I could think of would be to reuse the Benelli screws. I would defiantly buy another one.

thanks guys. I'll be buying the 6 shot side saddle, quadrail, and the SureFire flashlight. Appreciate the imput.

I would personally say go all the way with the 8 shot side saddle. On pump guns the 8 shot can get in the way of the pump action, but on a semi it really does not affect the function of the gun.

I have to agree with the positive comments on the Mesa products. I have found them to be top notch, and the screws that mine came with were all the right length. Never had a problem with them. I guess I bought mine after the issues were resolved.

I do not own the surefire so I can not say personally. I do know three things though.

1. B&T was (is) issued on the Marines version by the hundreds if not thousands with no issues.

2. Surefire has their lame logo on the side (As adamlau pointed out in the M80 thread).

3. Surefire doesn't fit very well.

I think part of the problem is that unlike Brugger & Thomet, rails are not Surefires specialty. Luckily for those who do decide to buy the M80 they can fix it with a little tape. And kudos for them for taking a chance on a battle unproven product. I am sure that with their input Surefire will be able to tighten their tolerances and fix the problem. That is, of course, if it is profitable enough for them. Which means more suckers need to go out and buy the M80.

Thanks t1h2t@3, I appreciate the heads up on that. I may end up getting the B&T unit after all, however I would like to keep my dollars in the USA. Since the project FCAM from Mesa Tactical appears to be in indefinite hold, I may be left with no other choice unfortunately. I guess I will have to wait & see.

I do not own the surefire so I can not say personally. I do know three things though.

1. B&T was (is) issued on the Marines version by the hundreds if not thousands with no issues.

2. Surefire has their lame logo on the side (As adamlau pointed out in the M80 thread).

3. Surefire doesn't fit very well.

I think part of the problem is that unlike Brugger & Thomet, rails are not Surefires specialty. Luckily for those who do decide to buy the M80 they can fix it with a little tape. And kudos for them for taking a chance on a battle unproven product. I am sure that with their input Surefire will be able to tighten their tolerances and fix the problem. That is, of course, if it is profitable enough for them. Which means more suckers need to go out and buy the M80.

Everyone is certainly entitled to his/her opinion - but I certainly do not feel like a "sucker" for having purchased an M80.

I've purchased many SureFire products throughout the years, and their fit, finish, and overall quality has always been exemplar! SureFire has a well-deserved reputation for producing extremely high-quality products - and it was based on this deserved reputation (and my own experience with the awesome quality of many other products) that I "took a chance" on their M80.

Is the M80 a new offering by SureFire? Yes. Is buying anything from SureFire anything close to rolling the dice? Hardly.

I do agree that the M80 would look cooler without the SureFire logo on the side...but it doesn't bother me in the least. More importantly, the quality of the M80 is beyond reproach. It is a product that lives up to SureFire's reputation. Mine fits my gun perfectly. Like many products, some things only become apparent down the road...but I have not experienced any problems with mine. I have not needed to put any tape on it to compensate for a fitting issue.

I do not mean to take anything away from the B&T - but one can buy the SureFire M80 with complete confidence in it being a top-of-the-line product.

If you care about a full quadrail - purchase the B&T. I have no intention of loading my M4 down with stuff on all 4 rails. The three on the M80 more than suffice for my needs.

How does the B&T unit compare to the Surefire unit? I am on the fence as to which one to get, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BTW, sweet looking M4s! :cool:

I also do not own a Surefire, but I know that the B&T that I have is absolutely rock solid. Also, I like having ***2 NV compatibility on all of my guns, and that requires a quadrail, not a trirail grip.

Surefire is a good company, and I like a lot of their other products, so I am reluctant to say anything negative about their rail system. I do have a rail for a Remy 870, and it is very nice, so I'm sure that the one for the Benelli is nice too.

B&T as a company is easily on par with Surefire (if not better overall), so considering that I need a quadrail, B&T was my only choice. I also like to keep my dollars in the US, but no other company at this time produces a quadrail for the M4.

I just shot some 1,900fps slugs this past Saturday. No leaks. I would guess that the issue is on account of do it yourself "gunsmiths" that did not fit the rail properly. The rail fits very snug against the bottom of the barrel, so this really should not happen. When I installed the rail, I made sure that it fit perfectly in both the front and back.

Weight? I really do not notice a difference at all. The M4 is such a light gun to begin with. The rails are actually very light, and they do not add any more weight than a light set on rails on the "other" ;)M4 (M16 family).

Um...I am well over 1000 lbs. in the big three lifts and practice a number of isometric movements such as the iron cross. Part of my training routine with the M4 includes static holds in a multitude of ready and firing positions. I would have to say that the M4 is not exactly light :) . That said, I would choose the B&T over the M80 as the official stance from SureFire is that there are no issues with the M80 which would induce the possibility of an FTF, or melting of the thermoplastic handguard onto the gas piston region. This is supposedly based on their extensive field and controlled environment testing :rolleyes: .

Well, in my opinion 7lbs is not very heavy for a gun, and even with the rail, the gun still weighs less than 8lbs. Now of course the gun I commonly shoot is an M14 that weighs over 8lbs without the optics, so maybe my perspective is different from yours. I personally do not consider a gun that is less than 8lbs to be a heavy gun.

The other thing is my M4 has the 14" barrel, so it may be a bit lighter than the standard M4. There really is virtually no difference in weight between my M4, and my M2. My M2 has a mag extension and weighs just under 7lbs, and my M4 weighs just about the same.