o-ring breaking

hunter257

I just got done patterning my sbe2 and it throws a great pattern. While cleaning the gun I noticed the little o-ring that is on the shaft that holds the firing pin in place is about to break. The o-ring that holds that pin in place has a very tight fit. I only have about 10 rounds through this gun. Should I just buy a smaller o-ring or is something wrong. Thanks in advance.

The o-ring is supposed to fit tightly, but it should be soft and pliable.

It compresses against the flat side and that's what holds it in place.

Two options:

1. Call Benelli CS and explain your concerns. They may send you a spare o-ring.

2. Take the o-ring to the local hardware and get an extra or two. I'd stick with the same size.

The o-ring is supposed to fit tightly, but it should be soft and pliable.

It compresses against the flat side and that's what holds it in place.

Two options:

1. Call Benelli CS and explain your concerns. They may send you a spare o-ring.

2. Take the o-ring to the local hardware and get an extra or two. I'd stick with the same size.

Tucker are you serious?

go to the hardware store and stock up on frwakin parts?....

wth are you thinking? ... I'd be damned if I'd ever recomend someone build a gun they paid over $1000.00 for ...

thats nuts man .. an its not right!!

Take the gun back ... get your money and buy an SX3 and forget about it ...

This kind of crap is rediculous .. especially for what this company is charging for the junk.

where is all this animosity comming from????,,,you use to be one of us,,,will you elaborate or pm me,,plus tucker is a cool college on here,he's smart ,,witty,,but not good lookin,I can direct you on someone who is a real moron here,,plenty of them,,,pm me old buddy.

Take the gun back ... get your money and buy an SX3 and forget about it ...

This kind of crap is rediculous .. especially for what this company is charging for the junk.

Return a gun for a $.10 part that he probably tore himself by picking at it?

You are an idiot :)

SX3? Check the used gun racks - they are loaded with SX3's. Browning must be paying those Portagees an extra few Euros to get them to fit and finish the Silvers better. I like the Silvers and SX3's, but they can't hold an SBE II's sweaty p-stained jock strap......

Just so you know this is my 4th Benelli. I had and sold a sbe (wish I kept it) I have a nova, m1 field and now the sbe2. I love these guns and this is my first problem, if you could call this a problem. I would buy another in a heart beat.