Benelli M4 questions....

cms81586

I have a few questions relating to my M4.

1) Anyone else having problems with their barrel retaining cap unscrewing after firing? I can make mine hand tight and then fire a box or two through it and then get another 1/4 turn out of it. Any suggestions for keeping it tight? The detent pin don't seem to do it.

2) I only got a modified choke tube with my M4. It's an 11707. Should I have 3 or is one all I get? How can I get Benelli to give me the other 2?

3) Who has full length mag tubes (factory or otherwise)for sale and where can I get a good spring for the 7rnd tube? How long with a heat gun is too long when I'm trying to get the super locktite they use from the factory to release? I dont' want to damage the finish or the receiver.

Thanks!

CMS

I have had my M4 for a couple of months now and have not shot it as much as I would like but I have not noticed any problem with the end cap coming loose. Mine also only came with the 1 choke tube and I amy pretty sure that's all they come with. As for the the full length tube, I purchased mine from SOCOMGUY. He has a lengthy post here you can read. I have been very pleased with mine. You can also google Dave's Metal Works. They have several models that have received some good posts too. I am using the factory spring in my one piece tube and it works fine. My factory tube came off with about 3 minutes under the heat gun. Just be sure to take out the trigger assy as noted in the manual and wear a good pair of leather gloves. Comes right off with a little muscle.

I have a few questions relating to my M4. 1) Anyone else having problems with their barrel retaining cap unscrewing after firing?

No problems here. Check to see if your cap retaining spring is present.

2) I only got a modified choke tube with my M4. It's an 11707. Should I have 3 or is one all I get?

You should have been given all three by your dealer. Contact them and not Benelli.

3) Who has full length mag tubes (factory or otherwise)for sale...

SOCOMguy makes a nice full length tube.

...and where can I get a good spring for the 7rnd tube?

Either from Sure Cycle, or a Benelli dealer.

How long with a heat gun is too long when I'm trying to get the super locktite they use from the factory to release?

Different people have experienced different results. In general, five minutes at 500°F ought to do the trick.