Range day with the M4

vagabundo94

Took a buddy to the range today with my M4. He had never shot one before, but when I told him about it and invited him along, he was totally excited.

The smile on his face was priceless, as he unloaded his first tube of 00. I suspect he's out shopping for one now!

This gun is within a very selective category of things that I own that puts a smile on my face every time I use it! :):)

Nothing in AZ Title 13, Chapter 31, Section 1 indicates that you cannot.

This gun is within a very selective category of things that I own that puts a smile on my face every time I use it!

The Polarion PH50 is one such toy that puts a smile on my face while in use:

Camera: Canon SD1000

ISO Setting: 200

Lens Aperture: F2.8

Exposure: 1/3 Second

White Balance: Day Light

Distance: 125 yards

MN61 off AW Protected 3x17670

ext-night-mn61.png

Polarion PH50 @ 20 Seconds After Ignition

ext-night-20-sec.png

For the record, the MN61 off Li-ions housed in an M6 host is the highest output incandescent setup available in a SureFire host and noticeably brighter than the MN21 off CR123A cells.

Hey Adam, you seem to be really into lights..."I just want an FCAM"...

What do you use that monster PH50 for? I could see it being really cool to use in the desert or offshore....or do you just wake up the neighbors occasionally?

How do you like the Surefire Beast or HellFire?

Man, that picture is sick.

Nothing in AZ Title 13, Chapter 31, Section 1 indicates that you cannot.

The Polarion PH50 is one such toy that puts a smile on my face while in use:

For the record, the MN61 off Li-ions housed in an M6 host is the highest output incandescent setup available in a SureFire host and noticeably brighter than the MN21 off CR123A cells.

Fascinating! Yeah - I'm pretty intrigued by the PH50. My bro-in-law lives in South Korea, and I've asked him to look into local South Korean prices on the pH50. I doubt it'll be any cheaper there, but with the dollar exchange, country of origin, etc...you never know! :) If it turns into a deal I can't turn down, I'll own a PH50, as well...but man, those things are pricey!!

What do you use that monster PH50 for?

Primarily for subject illumination while on night patrol.

How do you like the Surefire Beast or HellFire?

The Beast and The Beast II are quite a a bit larger and certainly more cumbersome to operate than the PH50. I have only seen beamshots of the HellFire in action. See Polarion PH40 vs. SureFire HellFire. The Beast, The Beast II and HellFire are 35W HID lights driven at 35W. The PH40 is a 35W HID overdriven to 40W. The PH50 is a 35W HID (OSRAM D1S) overdriven to 50W.

If it turns into a deal I can't turn down, I'll own a PH50

You will absolutely be enamored with its output. The PH50 will throw as far as one can reasonably discern a target without optics. We will be holding a SoCal HID shootout on May 24th with some of the most powerful production handheld lights commercially available. You guys are welcome to join the fun :cool: .

We will be holding a SoCal HID shootout on May 24th with some of the most powerful production handheld lights commercially available. You guys are welcome to join the fun :cool: .

Any more detail on this event would be appreciated.

LarryK 1000W

40-larryk-1000-wcrop.png

Black Hawk Locator

51-locator-wcrop.png

Image Notes

1. Minimal unsharp masking (T=75) applied to offset image resizing blur.

2. Brightness levels increased in order to reveal over and underexposed details.

3. PNG was used as a compromise between maximum artifact and file size reduction.