Question about " Practical barrel "

gyppo

I just bought a " practical" M1 S90. It has a 26" porterd ghost ring barrel. Is there any special interest in these barrels? I am considering selling the barrel or trading it for a shorter ghost ring barrel. What should I expect to get for the barrel in cash or trade?

Thanks

Alan

Depends on who did the porting (remains factory, or modified), how it was done (if modified) and the type and condition of the existing finish. I would not say that there is special interest in the barrel, but buyers for it do exist. If I wanted one and if the porting was factory and the finish were parkerized Molykote, I would be inclined to pay no more than $350.00 maximum. But that is me :) .

the Benelli Practical is a super smooth shooting weapon,,VERY soft recoil beause of the factory porting and the muzzel brake,,plus I added a limbsaver pad to mine,,now with 000 magnum feels like a lite 20ga,,no bs man,,the Practical is a unsung hero of our Benelli family,,

Thanks for the info 1014. I was pretty sure that it was a factory barrel with porting. I like the idea of the barrel but it is just longer than I am accustomed. It would be an awesome idea in 20" with the porting in the last 2 " but I am sure that HK did their homework and found that the 26" was needed. I am interested in trading for an 18" barrel if anyone is interested. Thanks