M4 Ammo Question

DonTreadonme

I have had my M4 for a couple of weeks now and it came with one choke installed. According to the reference 3 notches indicate a modified choke?. So far I have shot bird shot and 00 buck. I was wondering if it is OK to shoot slugs with this as well?

I have seen from some other posts that the gun should have been shipped with additional chokes. I am going to follow up with Benelli as I saw some others had to see if I get them direct. I am still new to shotguns, so I need to learn what ammo to use with what,

BTW - My boys and I took the Benelli with the EOTECH site out to shoot clays last weekend, after reading some posts here. Man, what a hoot, we had a great time, and found another reason to go shooting with the Benelli. This was the first time any of us had tried to shoot clays, and the Benelli sure made it seem easy...

the modified choke is a good middle of the road choke,,,yes it can handle slugs,,modfied is the tightest constriction you should go for slugs,,theres a choke section on the Benelli web page somewhere,,glad your having fun with your Benelli M4 smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

[ 07-30-2006, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]