Finally got my *NEW* Benelli M4

Mr. Shotgun

Nice choice. So what is next in terms of mods? You have been around here long enough to know what you want, but here is a short list of recommended mods:

Benelli Skeletonized Stock

MEPROLIGHT Tritium Sight Set

Briley Flush Black Oxide IC Choke

Mesa Tactical SureShell 6-Shot Carrier

SOCOMguy Full Length Magazine Tube

Benelli Full Length Magazine Spring

Callahan Red Aluminum Follower

Nice choice. So what is next in terms of mods? You have been around here long enough to know what you want, but here is a short list of recommended mods:

How much is the tritium sights?

Briley choke?

what are the benefits of those mods I've hilighted??

How much is the tritium sights?

Around $75 to $100, including standard S&H, depending upon location shipped to.

[How much is the] Briley choke?

Around $32, including standard S&H, depending upon location shipped to.

[W]hat are the benefits of [these] mods

Likely very little unless you are not satisfied with the patterns of the factory IC. However, the finish of the Briley choke is superior to that of the factory tubes.

To be used in conjunction with a full length magazine tube, the full length factory spring has greater spring tension than the standard magazine (five rounds) spring. This allows for more reliable cycling down to the last round.

Increased durability over the factory plastic follower while retaining visual confirmation of an empty magazine.

Looks like a survival kit. Reliable .22 for small game and the M4 for big game and two legged pest. That combo could handle any situation. Should be lots of fun at the range also. Plinking with .22's is my favorite activity that I never get tired of. I'm reading on these forums that some folks due pretty good with the M4 shooting skeet and simular sports.

-

Excellent set-up.

Two very dependable guns!!

Thanks, I'm not done with these guns yet.....I plan on adding some mods here and there on the guns....I probably wont do much to the Ruger 10/22, and will mod the M4 more...

Believe me I'll pick some good parts and mod it tastefully...

I'm glad I got the case that I have, its waterproof and could float in the event I'm ever on a sinking ship....

Looks like a survival kit. Reliable .22 for small game and the M4 for big game and two legged pest. That combo could handle any situation. Should be lots of fun at the range also. Plinking with .22's is my favorite activity that I never get tired of. I'm reading on these forums that some folks due pretty good with the M4 shooting skeet and simular sports.

hehe a survival kit, I never thought of this as a survival kit, but yeah... the thought of it put a grin on my face.

I cant wait to go to the range.... hopefully this weekend I can go.

Around $75 to $100, including standard S&H, depending upon location shipped to.

Around $32, including standard S&H, depending upon location shipped to.

Likely very little unless you are not satisfied with the patterns of the factory IC. However, the finish of the Briley choke is superior to that of the factory tubes.

To be used in conjunction with a full length magazine tube, the full length factory spring has greater spring tension than the standard magazine (five rounds) spring. This allows for more reliable cycling down to the last round.

Increased durability over the factory plastic follower while retaining visual confirmation of an empty magazine.

Where can I buy these suggested mods?

Benelli Skeletonized Stock Need to pass on this for now

MEPROLIGHT Tritium Sight Set Ordered

Briley Flush Black Oxide IC Choke which model should I get?

Mesa Tactical SureShell 6-Shot Carrier too bulky, I dont want to drill holes in my gun

SOCOMguy Full Length Magazine Tube already have on gun

Benelli Full Length Magazine Spring do I really need this?

Callahan Red Aluminum Follower where can I get this?

Briley Flush Black Oxide IC Chokewhich model should I get?

You will want to look at the Benelli specific chokes. Which choke, or chokes to choose is entirely up to you, your decision should be based upon factory choke pattern satisfaction and intended usages of the firearm.

Mesa Tactical SureShell 6-Shot Carrier too bulky, I dont want to drill holes in my gun

There is no need to tap into your M4 receiver in order to accomodate the SureShell as the sidesaddle utilizes that taps of the factory accessory mounting rail.

Benelli Full Length Magazine Spring do I really need this?

If you are comfortable with the tension of the factory five round magazine spring and have not experienced cycling issues related to the spring itself, then no. I tend to err on the side of caution and have followed the way of caution with a factory full length spring.

Callahan Red Aluminum Follower where can I get this?

MidwayUSA should be stocking them shortly.

You will want to look at the Benelli specific chokes. Which choke, or chokes to choose is entirely up to you, your decision should be based upon factory choke pattern satisfaction and intended usages of the firearm.

There is no need to tap into your M4 receiver in order to accomodate the SureShell as the sidesaddle utilizes that taps of the factory accessory mounting rail.

If you are comfortable with the tension of the factory five round magazine spring and have not experienced cycling issues related to the spring itself, then no. I tend to err on the side of caution and have followed the way of caution with a factory full length spring.

MidwayUSA should be stocking them shortly.

ok, I'll be ordering the callahan aluminum red follower once it comes in....

By the way, what can I use to patch up little nicks and scratches on my gun??