M4 Capacity?

Hawk

4+1 Strange:confused:

I have 7+1 or 6+1 capacity, difference only 'cause of cartridge length...

That is from the factory without the extension tubes. I have seen your pictures (very nice:)) and you have the extension tubes, so this would not apply to you.

I think the original poster is just curious as to what the original capacity is coming from the factory without an extension tube.

I think the original poster is just curious as to what the original capacity is coming from the factory without an extension tube.

A factory 11707 will hold seven total 2 3/4" rounds. Five in the limited cap magazine, one in the chamber and one on the carrier.

A factory 11707 will hold seven total 2 3/4" rounds. Five in the limited cap magazine, one in the chamber and one on the carrier.

Exactly what I said. 5+1. I have never seen Benelli list a round on the carrier. Again, the original poster was curious what the FACTORY listed capacity as.

Capacity w/ Standard Magazine

2.75" Shells

Magazine:

Shell Carrier:

Chamber:

TOTAL:
5+1+1=7

3.00" Shells

Magazine:

Shell Carrier:

Chamber:

TOTAL:
4+1+1=6

Capacity w/ Full Length Magazine

2.75" Shells

Magazine:

Shell Carrier:

Chamber:

TOTAL:
7+1+1=9

3.00" Shells

Magazine:

Shell Carrier:

Chamber:

TOTAL:
6+1+1=8

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Since noone else replied to our question Ill answer. I figured it out while out shooting my M4.

You load the tube to max capacity. Then pull the bolt/carrier back far enough to add another round on top of the ramp, or shell carrier. After adding that round, hold the same round so as to clear the bolt/carrier as you move the B/C forward just slightly. Then add another round directly into the chamber. If you have the factory Five round tube you now have 7 shots at the ready. Five in the tube, One on the shell carrier/ramp and One in the tube. If you have the Seven round tube then you have a total of Nine shots at the ready.

Make sense?

Since noone else replied to our question Ill answer. I figured it out while out shooting my M4.

You load the tube to max capacity. Then pull the bolt/carrier back far enough to add another round on top of the ramp, or shell carrier. After adding that round, hold the same round so as to clear the bolt/carrier as you move the B/C forward just slightly. Then add another round directly into the chamber. If you have the factory Five round tube you now have 7 shots at the ready. Five in the tube, One on the shell carrier/ramp and One in the tube. If you have the Seven round tube then you have a total of Nine shots at the ready.

Make sense?

Got it, thanks!