Purchasing a Benelli M4

swangz

I am thinking about purchasing a new Benelli M4 from Gunbroker.com. The gun shotgun is advertised as brand new in box, from a dealer that has really good feedback. This is my first time purchasing online and am a bit nervous. I was told that I would be given an opportunity to inspect the shotgun during the receiving process, however once I actually receive it and sign off on it, I must handle all issues regarding the shotgun through the manufacturer.

I was just wondering if there is anything that I should be looking for or inspecting for on this particular shotgun. Please be as detailed as possible as this is my first shotgun purchase, so I am kind of a novice. I am experienced with handguns but not really with shotguns.

Thanks for your help

Chris

I am thinking about purchasing a new Benelli M4 from Gunbroker.com. The gun shotgun is advertised as brand new in box, from a dealer that has really good feedback. This is my first time purchasing online and am a bit nervous. I was told that I would be given an opportunity to inspect the shotgun during the receiving process, however once I actually receive it and sign off on it, I must handle all issues regarding the shotgun through the manufacturer.

I was just wondering if there is anything that I should be looking for or inspecting for on this particular shotgun. Please be as detailed as possible as this is my first shotgun purchase, so I am kind of a novice. I am experienced with handguns but not really with shotguns.

Thanks for your help

Chris

go look at one at your local gun shop....

look at the box and its contents.....

make sure everything is there

to me the main concern was getting a gun that wasnt scuffed or scratched......and i didnt want a display model either...

Be sure to ask for all of the choke tubes and the choke wrench. Download the online manual and read it. Then read it again. Or download and review the simplied version from M4 Spare Parts List & Manuals. Download the M4 Spare Parts List package from the link above. Review it. Then review it again. Download the M4 Operator's Manual - United States Marine Corps. Read it. Then read it again. Disassemble the firearm upon inspection, looking for tell-tale signs of use and wear along the barrel-breach, bolt and receiver rails and the bolt head. Examine the bore with a reflector, or flashlight. Account for all of the seven major assembly groups of the M4. Assemble the firearm and perform a function check. Cycle a few snap caps, or dummy rounds through the magazine > shell carrier > chamber > extraction.

Thanks for your help

Chris

CHRIS---my experience with buying on line is buyer beware, and know

exactly what you are looking for and learn as much as you can about

who's on the other end you're doing business with. I've received some

real crap from on-line sources and believe me I learned the hard way!

Stick with reputable dealers and shy away from the unknowns. Learn

all you can about your rights in on-line purchases and about return

policies pertaining to your purchase. Most are reputable if they have a

long list of o-key-doo-keys form previous clients. I personally do every-

thing in my power to purchase from locally owned, well established and

recommended business enterprises as this gives you a quick solution to

problems you might encounter. Sometimes you might pay a little more

up-front but in the end you can save yourself both time and money and

definitely heart ache and anger! This post will not make me any friends

with the on-line group which makes their living selling on-line but I can

only express my experience in my dealings on-line. It only takes a few

to screw it up for the really honest on-line dealers. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip. That was indeed my concern when I was thinking about purchasing online. Unfortunately I live in Kalifornistan and purchasing a Benelli M4 is difficult and expensive here.

The store I am purchasing from is Shooters of Jacksonville in FL. They had over 400 positive responses with only 2 negatives that seemed more like communication issues, and I double checked online to make sure they were a brick and mortar store, which they were. I also contacted them by email and they were quick to respond to my questions.

So I am crossing my fingers this will be a smooth transaction. I just made the purchase today. I am so excited to receive my Benelli.

Chris

I've bought a few guns online now and live in CA, the biggest thing is checking their feedback, and getting quick clear communication with them. Someone serious will answer multiple e-mail questions in hours or a day vs. someone who may take a few days. I've only had good experiences so far...