Problem with my M4

akrapovic

Hey all, I'm having issues with my M4. I started off shooting light fed. tactical buckshot and M4 functioned no problem. It also fed the light load fed slugs.

As of late I've had issues with the shotgun not cycling properly. It will eject the empty shell, but the bolt will not close completely on the next round. All it takes is a light tap and the bolt will close. I even tried 3 in magnums and after 3-4 rounds I had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey all, I'm having issues with my M4. I started off shooting light fed. tactical buckshot and M4 functioned no problem. It also fed the light load fed slugs.

As of late I've had issues with the shotgun not cycling properly. It will eject the empty shell, but the bolt will not close completely on the next round. All it takes is a light tap and the bolt will close. I even tried 3 in magnums and after 3-4 rounds I had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds kinda wierd, maybe its the type of ammo you are using? Just stick to the brands that work..

• 3 weeks later...

Clean out the recoil tube. Take your stock off first. Then, spray the recoil tube out with Gun Scrubber till it comes out clean in color, then relube with any CLP. About a 2 second burst down the Recoil Tube. Sometimes the new Benellis have the factory preservative in the recoil tubes and it gets sticky. You can feel your bolt slowing down and then you start to get jams like you describe. You can have you gun spotlessly clean and lubed, but if the recoil tube is dirty a Benelli will turn into a Jammomatic. Easy fix though. Use Militec-1, and some TW-25b, or Slide Glide on your bolt and the rails too. Not much, just the thinnest film, so you don't attrack too much dirt. I usually clean the recoil tube on a Benelli every 750-1000k rounds, or like I said, when new. YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the cause of a failure to cycle was due to stress failure on a part(s), or impingement caused by third-party accessories, or ammo, disassembly followed by a thorough cleaning and proper lubrication and the use of heavy loads solves most, if not all FTF and FTC related issues.