SBEII Camo Or Black

Lindey83

well what would you chose and why I am in the market and wondering if the camo is worth it. They both look great to me so either way I will be happy. Just wondering what all of your thoughts are on this.

thanks

i would go with the camo but thats just me, the paint holds up if u take care of the gun. mine is just now starting to barely chip and its been through 2 turkey seasons 2 duck seasons and a bunch of skeet and dove shooting. but its up to you just depends on what ur into

Black:

• traditional looks
  • difficult to misplace afield
  • relatively easy cleaning and maintenance
  • more subject to corrosion
  • easy to refinish - wear it out and then have it dipped

Camo:

• super-cool stealthy looks
  • be careful where you leave it lying
  • easier to clean the externals
  • less subject to corrosion
  • expect some chipping - It's NORMAL
  • a little more difficult to refinish

• 2 weeks later...
I faced the same decision a while back and bought the SBE II in black. I just decided it was probably a bit more versatile for my purposes than was the camo. Plus, I have seen too many camo guns (not so many Benelli's, however), that look pretty cruddy in a few years.

ive had mine for 2 years and its been through ****...my paint is barely chipped and the paint isnt fading or anything

thanks guys this all helps.....I also have another q's. since i will be using this gun for mostly duck and some turkey hunting and what not what length of barrel would you chose for this. i have been reading some posts and from what i can gather people like one or the other i have a 26" now and sometimes it feels too short and to fast of a swing. anyone have any suggestions here?????????????????????

Thanks

Lindey83

go with the 26"- the wife suprized me last Christmas witha SBEII Max 4

with 26"- thought I'd want the 28 but with the Benelli's longer receiver the 26 is only about 1/2" shorter than my 1187 with a 28" barrel and it feels perfect-can't say enough good things about the SBEII shoots everything from 1 oz. skeet loads to 2 oz. 3 1/2's whithout a hitch and

cleans up a lot easier than that 1187

ok thanks for those video tips looks like i will be looking into a 28" model and i will have my 26 along just in case:D:eek: another thing i saw in there was the eye dominence i am right handed but left eye dominent so i always have to close my left eye. i can shoot left handed but it feels all wrong. any tips on helping this other than wearing an eye patch on my left eye and looking like a fool.

thanks

Lindey83