Which choke tubes?

FiremanLT

I recently purchased the supernova with steadygrip to use for turkey. I also waterfowl hunt and deer hunt. The choke tubes that came with the gun are imp. cyl. , mod. and full. the full tube says no steel shot! Do they make a tube in full for steel shot? I also wonder about deer slugs! Is there a rifled tube for sabots or a cyl. tube(not imp.cyl) for rifled slugs? I guess the down side of the gun would be the 24" barrel. Ive always thought that was kinda short for waterfowl!! What is your opinion? The gun shot ok with the factory full tube for turkey (win. supreme #5 shot 3.5") One heck of a recoil though!! Does the optional recoil reducer work well? Sorry for all the questions!! Im new to the Benelli world!!

1) I was hesitant about the choke tubes when I got my Benelli also. Im sure Benelli does not make a full choke for steel. Other manufacturers of chokes may call the choke tube a FULL but it is actually a FULL for Steel Shot. Meaning it probably has an inside diameter similar to your Modified choke.

2) i think Benelli has a Cylinder choke thats works for your SuperNova

3) 24" barrel is fine, I have a 26"...IMO I think the 24 and 26 barrels are suited for waterfowl because of the need to be quick with your swing. The two probably pattern the same. Your fine

4) Couldnt help you on the recoil reducer

Hope this helps

ok I will look for a cyl. choke and try rifled slugs through it. I think the most awkward thing to get used to will be the steadygrip. Great for turkey hunting but not so sure on doves and waterfowl. Be good for shooting slugs im sure!!

I was wondering about the weight issue with the recoil reducer. I'd take another pound over that monsterous recoil anyday!! I patterned it with 3.5" #5 turkey loads and shot like 4 times and my shoulder was feeling it the next day!!!! About like a howitzer going off too!!!

i would try some 3" shells instead of recoil reducer myself, also this chart at the bottom of the page will answer your question. Also try Primos website for chokes ya need, give them a call and they can make sure ya order the correct tube for what ya need it for!

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/partsAccessoriesChokes.tpl

3.5" shells are for specific kills and not all kills require a 3.5" shell!

Do they make a tube in full for steel shot?

I didnt exactly answer this for the Benelli choke. The Modified Benelli choke is basically a Full for Steel. I dont think you will get much tighter than this. When I use Steel shot I have the improved cylinder choke in, which is like shooting a modified with lead.

All in all I would just pattern your gun with different ammo, at different distances, with different chokes. It will take a lot of guess work out of it.