SBE Choke Tube (defect?)

Chief 79

New SBE owner. :D

I took the gun to the range this weekend to get a feel and pattern my shots. I discovered that the Modified choke tube notches do not line up properly for the wrench. It's the only tube of five which the wrench does not fit. I looked and compared the notches and they do not appear to be in the 3,6,9,12 o'clock position. The 6 is slightly off, the 9 and 12 look close together than 3 & 6.

I checked the forum but only found a few hints, most of which indicate that a new wrench will be shipped. I don't think in my case it's the wrench, rather a bad cut choke tube.

I wrote on the "Contact Us" page, but should I call them instead. I hear great things about their customer service.

Can anyone add any other advice? Should I take it to where it was purchased, first?

Other than that, I'm looking forward to long term shooting relationship with this well made gun.

TIA,

john

Originally posted by threeshot:

Chief 79,

How long ago did you write Benelli Customer Service?

Regards threeshot

I sent an communique from this site yesterday. I was going to call them but forgot to take the number and my serial number with me to work. From reading other posts about their customer service, I shouldn't have any problems .

Thanks

John

Originally posted by TC11:

Chief

Give customer service a call. It will take you a few minutes to get a sevice rep but they are very helpful. You can reach them at 301/283-6981. By the way, it's cool to see another PA poster.

TC

Well, I gave them a call & they are shipping a new tube for me. Didn't have to wait more than 2 minutes.

Thanks all, for the feedback!

TC: Lansdale, PA. I hunt throughout Montgomery & Bucks county, almost year round. I also have a hunting club membership in the Poconos (Marshalls Creek, Monroe Cnty). Maybe I'll see you in the woods some day!

Originally posted by TC11:

Chief

I hunt mostly in Warren County where I live, but we do a lot of duck and goose hunting in Erie County. It's amazing to find out where people are from when you bump into them in the woods, especially in deer season.

TC

You should see where I roam in crow season! ;)