Turkey Gun - Barrel Length?

salukis

all I'm saying is I learn from this site. So thats where i'm getting this info. Instead of posting that I'm wrong, maybe when you post, say you have new info on the subject. I think you jump to gun a bit.

novaking

I can't really go back and re-post everytime something is proven to the contrary.

I think you should have just accepted my most recent post as an accurate representation of my current position.

No big deal, I was surprised with Steve's info, but not totally shocked as shorter barrels have always caused me patterning problems.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is if you carry a short barrell all day you will not have any other. A longer barrel may pattern better but american gun dog says it will not. Dont care cause my sbeII is an awsome machine in 24 inch so buy one and have fun. If I had to say I would say it may be better on the longer barrel but not enoug to put up with the extra length :)

like i said,try out all the configurations. use what suits YOU. i prefer a 28" barrel for all my bird hunting. turkey, dove , quail, pheasent, and duck. i prefer a 7mm mag for deer. its only my opinion, but i dont much believe in the word "best". its what ever your comfortable with.

i hate to repeat myself, but.

• 1 month later...