New SBE II

Hoosier Hillbilly

I ordered a new SBE II (LH) with 28" bbl and in black synthetic. in March and finally picked it up a week ago. I cleaned and lubed it and took it to the range this past Friday. What a dream machine! :) I never even had a chance to break it in with heavy field loads--just shot 1.125 oz target loads, and it cycled these fine all afternoon long.

I am now convinced, indeed, dead certain, that this gun is worth every penny I plunked down for it. It fits me very well and handles very well, too. It is also so easy to clean when done. I will for sure be a dedicated Benelli owner/shooter for the rest of my life!

Couple of minor gripes: The operating handle is very hard to get out--have to wrap it in cloth and use pliers to dislodge it. The trigger assembly is a bit tricky to get back into place, but I think I now have this part down.

Just wanted to share this with some other Benelli fans.

HH

Glad to hear that you like your new SBEII. I have the same gun only camo with a 26" barrel. As far as the operating handle goes, take an old shoe string and wrap it around the handle. A little tug and it will come right out. It also takes away the risk of scratching your new gun. Have fun.

putting the trigger part back got me at first to..it took me a good hour to finally figure out to push the release button on the side and it will slide right in....i wish i had gotten a 26 in barrell instead of a 28 i just dont like long barrells