Supernova tactical picatinny rail installation

markscharff

HELP...someone please tell me how to get those little plastic pegs out of the top of the shotgun.

Please walk me through the process of installing the picatinny rail. These little plstic pegs are killin me.

Do I need to remove something? Tried to pry out the pegs with a knife to no avail.

Dr. Benelli please help.....

Sorry. I've been having problems with my desktop and haven't been on here daily. Otherwise I would have seen this and replied sooner.

I don't have my shotty or my manual handy but I will tell you what I remember. You have to take the trigger mechanism out. To do this you push the 2 pins out. They only go one way. Once the pins are out, lift up and remove the piece. Next you'll have to take the bolt out. Easy enough. Lift from the rear and it will slide out. When you get to this step the rubber plugs are exposed from the inside and are easily pushed out from the underneath of the receiver. You'll have to refer to the manual for re placement of the bolt. Make sure it is installed correctly.

IMG_0079.jpg

• 2 months later...
HELP...someone please tell me how to get those little plastic pegs out of the top of the shotgun.

Please walk me through the process of installing the picatinny rail. These little plstic pegs are killin me.

Do I need to remove something? Tried to pry out the pegs with a knife to no avail.

Dr. Benelli please help.....

Will I have to go thru the same process with my M2? I've a rail coming from Mesa and the Aimpoint T-1 w/the Larue Low mount. Kinda surprises me, tho no big deal I guess. I'll dig out my manual.

Thanks guys

M2USER

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

You might consider using a proper conventional 8-40 gunsmith plug screw rather than a plug that can fall out; they are available as either hex screw head or slotted. Easy online search.

8-40 PLUG SCREWS | Brownells

If you don't want to use screws / plugs consider black silicone sealant that can easily be cleaned out with a 8-40 tap in the future.

You are welcome.

Edited by benelliwerkes