Benelli Supernova Tactical

Kowycz

I am going to be purchasing a Benelli Supernova soon and just had a couple of questions regarding the different configurations that may be had. There are four main type of configurations that I know of (not regarding the cosmetic ones) for the particular market I am in; a Supernova Tactical model.

So the only changes between configurations boil down to 2 different stocks and 2 different sights. I have the choice of the Comfort Tech stock or the Pistol Grip stock. Also the choice of rifle sights or Ghost Ring (GR) sights.

My main concern is the sights. I have noticed that on the GR sight configuration the rear sight is on the reciever and the front sight is obviously on the barrel. I am not for sure about when the shotgun is disassembled for cleaning that the barrel is removed or not. If it is, than I am concerned about loosing zero every time I clean the shotgun and having to re-zero. This is something I want to avoid. I noticed on the rifle sight configuration the rear sight is on the barrel along with the front sight, so I don't think it would be a problem with this particular configuration.

The last concern is to go with the pistol stock or the Comfort Tech stock. I am just wondering how the pistol stock will handle the 3.5" loads.

So the barrel doesn't come of in routine disassembly for cleaning? I don't know considering I haven't been around one in person yet, and can't find any online manuals or videos.

What do you guys prefer, ghost ring or open rifle? Considering I am new to shotguns I am looking for some input and advice.

I have a Remington 11-87 with a deer barrel and rifle sights. I can't hit anything with it. I bought a HK clone semi-auto rifle a month ago with ghost sights and I can hit anything I want with this gun. Yeah it's a rifle and not a shotgun but it doesnt matter with regards to sights. I find I can acquire the target better with ghost rings.

I have a SN tactical with rifle sights and have had no problems with wandering zero. The rear and front sights are attached to the barrel and are not adjustable. Personally I prefer the rifle sights to the ghost ring. I think it is easier for target acquisition b/c of a wider field of view but lesser expirenced shooters will obviously be less accurate for longer range shots. It depends on preference and what you are using the shotgun for.

If primarily HD reasons I wouldn't see a need for a long range shotgun shot unless you live in the sticks. For me im only grabbing my shotgun if someone is already coming in my house. If longer I'm reaching for my AR.

B/c the rear ghost ring is attached to the reciever you should not have zero issues.

• 2 weeks later...

full pistol grip stock all the way. the comfortech is cool but the full pg has a rubber pad to. control and comfort of holding and firing is maximum. love mine. my son fires one hand/arm ,accurate shots at the range. best of both worlds. ghost ring's will not cause you problems breaking down your m4. i love em. they see so well. my collapsable stock works well to but we are talking about supernova tact. i'm sorry. yup go full pg