Need A New Barrel For My Benelli Raffaello

Benelli Raffaello

Check with Benelli CS to see if the barrel is available where you live.

Here in the U.S., if I owned a Raffaello, instead of spending the likely $500-$800 for a new Rafaello barrel, I would send the barrel to a place like Briley and have a choke tube system installed.

Thanks guys,

mudhen

M1014

---------

You don't know the trouble I have been through.

I am in Kuwait City - Kuwait. The local Benelli Dealer is having trouble getting the barrel for me, he complains that the Italians have a mind of their own , he says they don't read my order list they just send what ever they like & then I (the local dealer) have to meet the sales quote set by them (Benelli).

I am aware that Briley can do the job for much less money , but it seems sending the barrel via international couriers is a trip by itself, they simply freak out when you mention the word gun or gun component & their answer comes back as a big NO.

I have found one shipper who is brave enough to go for it but he requested an ATF license copy from Briely in order to proceed with the shippment , I have contacted Briely for this & they never did reply , I guess they don't have an ATF license.

This full choke business is realy tricky , sometimes everything I shoot I hit & somedays it is the exact opposite ? Just like shooting balnks

Al

TMAC ,

Mostly wingshooting... I don't think you guys know or heard of our wingshooting techniques

The biggest bird wingshooters hope to catch here in the Desert is ofcourse the Habara (Mcqueen's Bustard) ,,, it's a very rare catch & falconers don't approve of shooting it with a gun.

During the winter season , In some areas , also very rare , we get a passing of a big bird called the demoislelle crane ) .

Here is a small video clip . Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsH1KY5M0XU&feature=related

Most of the year , we hunt Doves (Eurasian Collared Dove & Rock Dove , Namaqua ) , pigeons .

Seasonal , migratory birds like the Common Quail ...

I know this is a flush bird in your part of the world but over here we hunt it during it's migration in flight !!!

We hunt this one in Septmeber . During it's migration . We use electronic bird callers . The hunt usually starts from midnight till sunrise . How do we see those birds in the night you may ask , well simple , its an excusrion , usually after sunset we head out to the desert to areas known to us , set up our equipment (Portable Power Generators , flood lights (Those are intended to light up the sky), & ofcourse all other necessatees) start the electronic callers , keep fingers crossed & if all goes well enjoy a High Voulme Quail Hunt , pretty much like Argentina Dove Shooting

To give you an idea of what I am talking about , one of our friends put a video post on you tube back in 2006... here is the link is .... enjoy.

& This is another video of the guys counting the score just before getting ready to go home.

From November till April we get a mix of these game birds :

Sand Plovers , caspian Plovers , Black winged bratincole , stone curlew , cream coloured courser, sangrouse , Eurasian Turtle Dove , Bee Eaters ....& too many to remember

When it comes to hunting , the desert is a vast area & you can not cover it by walking , you will need a good 4X4 to chase those birds . We do most of our wingshooting from inside the car.

When a flock of any of those birds is spotted on the ground in the desert , hunters here prepare a quick plan , depending on the direct of the wind try to narraw the escape path of the birds by having two cars cornering the birds & shoot at them before they are out of reach of the guns.

Again, here is a video explaining what I am talking about. Enjoy ,