M4 Choke Tube?

Unobtanium

What tube does it use? Regular M2 choke-tubes, or the older-style pre-Cryo tubes? Would a Terror .700 tube be good for 00 Buck? I am searching for something that will give me a usable 00 pattern at 50 yards on something like a coyote size target. I am aware of the Flite Control, but I want something that will tighten up the cheap stuff for practice/informal situations.

I also like the exposed, gnarled area on the Terror tubes from SRM as they would allow me to change them easily without a wrench.

Do the SRM Terror tubes have a good reputation for fit/finish/not coming loose from shooting, ect?

Would someone recommend a different choke (or constriction) for best achieving my goals?

Thankyou!

You want to look at Beretta/Benelli m o b i l e chokes. You ought to pattern your M4 first. I gather you will conclude that the factory IC, or M will suit your needs. Popular chokes include Briley and Primos. Recommending a constriction over the forums is tantamount to recommending an air/fuel tune without taking into consideration local conditions (i.e. octane and barometric pressure vs. barrel tolerances and characteristics). A tighter choke may not reduce flyers as deformed pellets tend to fly, regardless.

Will try the factory tube first. M4's come with 3 tubes (F/M/I) right?

What should a 50-yard 00 buck pattern look like from an M choked M4? Is a 24x24 target likely to contain all the shot or not?

Also, how accurate are the Wal-mart remington Foster style slugs from an M4? 10" at 100 yards possible?

Will try the factory tube first. M4's come with 3 tubes (F/M/I) right?

What should a 50-yard 00 buck pattern look like from an M choked M4? Is a 24x24 target likely to contain all the shot or not?

Also, how accurate are the Wal-mart remington Foster style slugs from an M4? 10" at 100 yards possible?

M4's come with a Mod. chk. only.

If you shoot a Mod., or IM (Imp. Mod.), or even a full, whichever your gun likes, with a buffered and plated shot buckshot load (no cheap assed Wallace World) your gun should shoot MOST of the pattern into a 24"X24" at 50m.

Just use the TruBall Slugs if you want the best accuracy. IMO, you will still get way more hits with buckshot out at 50m+, especially if the targets are moving.

Remember, we're talkin' shotguns here. A shotgun is probably THE bast weapon for close quarters and especially defensive work (especially with modern shotshells). However, it is not a precision instrument by its very nature. For shooting at fast moving, close quarters, pop up type adversaries- it's hard to beat. A submachine gun does have it's advantages for real close in work, say, around vehicles and entry because of it's mag capacity and its OAL. I will still take a shotgun if my life is on the line though. YMMV

I would take a .223/5.56 carbine when my life is on the line. The shotgun is fine but its more limited in range and capacity and its harder to shoot. The subgun is just a pistol with a stock attached. No thanks. When you need a long gun you need one in a rifle caliber.

Pat